Where to store a pizza cutter

olivertwistkitchenNovember 16, 2012

I love my Zyliss palm-held pizza cutter, but it has no protective cover. So I'm afraid to store in a regular utensil drawer. Instead it's in a separate drawer in the Dining Room wrapped in a potholder.

Better suggestions? Do you think it would fit in a knife-block in a drawer, or too high?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oldbat2be

I've always just kept mine in my utensil drawer. For me, the question is how to store my pizza peel and trays. One of these days, I need to retrofit one of my upper cabinets with vertical dividers... 18" cabinets, 17" pizza trays :) then perhaps the pizza peel simply hanging on the wall somewhere?

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 6:14AM
ellie45

oldbattobe: you have my drawer!! I recognize everything in it. When I can't' find something that is my hope drawer. I like to rattel through it. Wouldn't change a thing.

In my laundry room I have magnetic strips that are usually used for knives in the kitchen. I put different size screw drivers and such on them. I can see what I need for DIY projects. You can also put candle putty around it or get a big enough envelope. You have something in your home or wait for a container to come into your life. Mine is in a drawer too.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 8:02AM
a2gemini

Pizza cutter will be too tall to store upright.
I put mine in a made right 6x9 inch bin.
I do have other items in the bin but keep the blade against the bin wall. On the road but will try to post.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 5:15PM
marcolo

Why not just protect the blade instead? A cut clean sponge with a slot in it, a piece of foam, whatever, and a rubber band.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 6:17PM
laughablemoments

How about a cloth drawstring satchel, drop it in, pull the bag shut. It can safely go in any drawer you want.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 6:36PM
Annie Deighnaugh

Cut up a gift box into 2 squares that are each large enough to cover the blade and tape/staple them together on 3 sides. It will make a nice blade guard. I've done the same thing with exacto knives and my meat cleaver.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 9:21PM
jscout

I keep my pizza cutter in my knife drawer. Here's a picture of it. It's in the upper left corner with the blade facing the corner, safely out of the way.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 8:53PM
More Discussions
Seeking info on ikea kitchen cabinet discount
Ikea has their 15%/20% off kitchen cabinet sales going...
neonweb2
Would this open shelf look OK between the wall oven and range hood?
I need a quick decision made so DH can carry on with...
laughablemoments
Feedback on cabinet insert prices
Our cabinet builder gave us the following prices for...
Trish Welham
Review our Kitchen Remodel
We are starting our first kitchen remodel and I wanted...
miraspasov
Tiny Galley Kitchen: Layout feedback needed
We've decided we're staying in our current house forever....
ant_farmer
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™