Kitchen lighting plan critique

GauchoGordo1993October 2, 2013

Rough electical goesin tomorrow, so it's last call for changes to the lighting plan. I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have.

All of the recessed lights will be LED and the tracks will likely be MR16 halogens since they're for illuminating art and I'm not yet onboard with LEDs for that. Not sure what type of lights I'll use for the flex track over the island, but fortunately I don't need to decide tonight :) Undercab lights, which are in the layout but not in the legend, will be LED.

Some of you might notice that I don't have a separate switch for a light over the sink - I made a conscious decision not to have a separate switch for the light over the sink even though everybody does it. So that's the one critique that I'm not particularly interested in :)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robyndowning

I will be renovating the kitchen and bringing it into this century after the "same old, same old" for 35 years. Nothing has been upgraded in my dad's home and the carpet, kitchen counter tops and dishwasher are the worse for wear.

The only thing I have to add is that my parents installed LED lights, in the family room ceiling, for artwork they hung on the wall. Not sure I really care for that because it seems like it is in a museum and gives kind of a harsh look but that could just be my perception. There must be some more exact or softer lighting for artwork. I realize you are running out of time but that is my thought.

Bookmark   October 3, 2013 at 3:25AM
More Discussions
I started gel staining....
So y'all say a prayer for me. If this doesn't work...
highendredneck
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Ikea cover panel installation question (Akurum line)
Hi all! I was ready to post this to ikeafans.com and...
criv227
Old, Deep Cast Iron Sink or New Sink? I can't decide
Hello, would love to hear from those of you who have...
Cindy McMahon
Need floorplan advice/help
Hello everyone! Looking for floorplan advice on our...
K L
Sponsored Products
Coastal Pennant Giclee Glow 10 1/4" Wide Pendant Light
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Reel World Table
| Dot & Bo
Citrus Gray Dupioni Silk Shade Ovo Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Painted Rust Outdoor Wall-Mounted Lantern
$107.60 | Bellacor
Sonneman Corona Modern Contempo Large Pendant
1800Lighting
Outdoor Lighting. Silver Hammer Solar LED Mercury and Art Glass Shade (1-Piece)
$24.97 | Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™