help w/range color please

persimmon3October 27, 2012

i'm still finalizing my kitchen remodel plans. so far i have decided to go with white shaker-style cabinets and island with cambria torquey (whitish marble-look) countertops and dark walnut on the island. three walls will have the white cabinets and the last wall (farthest from the 'working' area) will have dark walnut cabinets (pantry, etc.). hardwood floors to match the cabinets and island countertop. my appliances are all stainless steel. backsplash is up in the air ... maybe white subway tiles or white walls with clear glass. i am seriously considering a stainless steel backsplash behind the cooking range that goes all the way up to the hood. next week there will be a bluestar demonstration where i plan to purchase my 36" bluestar free-standing range and they are offering a couple of promotions if a purchase is complete within a couple of weeks of the demonstration ... one being free color knobs on the range or free color on the whole range. do you think a color range would look good in this kitchen layout or too much?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eam44

I think it would look incredible, highlight the love you have for your range, and make your kitchen vibrant and exciting, in addition to being beautiful.

You've been really conservative with color and finishes thus far, so my suggestions might be a bit too colorful for you,but consider them as the edge of the box, as it were.

I would go for color on the range, not just the handles, and any color will work in your scheme, so go for your favorite here. The ones that catch my eye are either of the blues (my favorite color - and blue goes well with brown) or any of the reds, particularly vermillion, red orange, and wine red. You might want to add hints of the same hue to your bs scheme as well to pull things together, so you don't see white on a wood background, then one jarring shot of color.

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 7:39AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
persimmon3

your suggestions are much appreciated! i had my eye on the blue you have attached! i can feel my kitchen coming together and it is so exciting! thank you so much for your advice.

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 10:59AM
More Discussions
Undermount sink keeps separating from granite
We recently had granite installed in our kitchen and...
stnjan
Any reason a DW couldn't go next to a fridge?
We need to pull the trigger on our cabinets next week,...
gretchen718
Support for vintage double drainboard sink?
I'm planning my kitchen remodel now and have a question...
mccb1
What are your thoughts on Ikea Sektion base cabinets?
I've commented here over and over that since this little...
benjesbride
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
mary8153
Sponsored Products
AICO Furniture - Tuscano Round Cocktail Table in Biscotti - 34204-26
Great Furniture Deal
Amba Q 2842 Hardwired Towel Warmer - Q 2842 B
Hayneedle
Blue Wave Carved Fish Wall Art
$7.99 | zulily
Oceanside Cleo 24" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Canova Chocolate Blackout Window Valance
$11.95 | Bellacor