GWlolo, I have a question about your kitchen

kitchendetectiveOctober 22, 2013

I caught a glimpse of your pretty backsplash in another thread. Would you tell me which tiles and colors you ultimately used? Fireclay, yes? I guess I missed the final decision.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GWlolo

Kitchendetective - thanks for calling my tile pretty ! After all the ABB angst we had and the 7 trips to Fireclay tile, I really appreciate the feedback. The BS tile is Fireclay tile from the Vitrail series. There are three shades - Lt.Sea Green which is around 50% of the tiles with Granny Smith with a matte finish around 30% and Spruce green in glossy finish around 20%. The spruce was a custom glaze as they tried to match a Heath tile I had liked. They did not charge me extra for that. I have some accent tiles in Claret and aubergine around the vintage tile feature behind the cooktop.

Here are some more pics

I know I know.. I should really do the finished kitchen post.. My excuse until last week was that I was waiting for a couple of things to be fixed which got done this week.. So I am clean out of excuses :)

Bookmark   October 23, 2013 at 3:03AM
oldbat2be

Happy sigh. The combination of your backsplash and countertop is so visually satisfying.

Bookmark   October 23, 2013 at 8:04AM
kitchendetective

Oh, gosh, I looove your kitchen. Have been waiting for more soapstone combined with color. Kudos on a job well done!

Bookmark   October 23, 2013 at 8:27AM
baltomom_gw

GWlolo, please post pix of your finished kitchen! I love the glimpses you've posted already. What faucet is that? I've never seen one like it before. And is that a water filter faucet on the right? If so, what type of water filter do you have? I'm hunting for a RO filter and can't figure out what to choose. Thanks.

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 5:07PM
rebecca3142

Looking forward to your finished pics! I am color shy and it looks so lovely from what you've shown.

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 10:32PM
More Discussions
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
Faucet Choice: Blanco, Hansgrohe or KWC
Hi, We are remodeling our kitchen and will be putting...
jazzcook
Help with kitchen mat-awkward area. Custom?
What we would ideally like is a mat with a 45 degree...
akl_vdb
White Kitchens & Two Tone Kitchens?
Even though I know I sound very indecisive (sorry),...
annaw_123
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™