Should I ask to choose my Silestone slabs?

LoPayOctober 4, 2013

I'm installing Silestone Yokon Bianco which has a pretty consistent color. Should I ask to see the slabs? If the seams are done well, are they very noticeable?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EAM44

You should select your slabs. Seams should be very hard to detect. Ask to see an example of your fabricators seam work.

Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 12:34AM
jellytoast

I agree ... I would definitely want to see the slabs, as well as the seam work. I was also very particular about the sink cut-out. I've seen enough shoddy and uneven sink installations to know that some attention to detail there was important to me.

Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 8:40AM
may_flowers

I had Caesarstone Buttermilk installed. It's a consistent color, so what could go wrong? One slab had several white resin fingerprint sized smears. Not covered under warranty, but the install was botched, so we went to Pentalquartz to reselect. One of their slabs had a large white resin drip that would have looked like dripped paint was left on the counter.

My first seam was near-perfect, but the second installation was even better as that installer had a better eye for color matching.

Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 9:04AM
More Discussions
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
Delta arctic stainless faucet with Kraus ss sink
We are planning to buy a Krauss ss 30" or 32"...
poppy3212
marble bathroom counters in ladies room- real life
This marble counter is in the ladies' room basement...
scrappy25
how to deal with delays
our cabinets were supposedly on pace to be delivered...
lmgch (formerly on GW)
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™