Favorite Backsplash Source?

chedanemiOctober 16, 2013

Looking for favorite sources for backsplash tiles. I haven't made any decision on mine and need to get some ideas. My countertop is Cambria Parys and cabinets are Kraftmaid Pebble Gray.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EAM44

That's a lot of gray. Gray paint too? Are you hoping to introduce color in the bs? What is your budget in $/sf, and what is the look you're going for (modern, rustic, etc..) Do you have a fondness for a particular material (glass, marble)?

I don't have a favorite tile source per se. I think about the final feeling of the room and the role the bs will play (STAR or extra). You've got a lot of small bits in the counter material, so you want to keep the bs more homogeneous - no little bits. But you could go for wonderful color and interesting shapes. The ones below are from Fireclay Tile and come in many different glazes.

Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 11:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chedanemi

The walls will be sort of a bluish gray, and the woodwork will be white. I think I want the bs to be mostly white with maybe some crackle glass in it, but just not sure. The countertop is definitely the star of the kitchen, so the bs needs to be a supporting act! When I have things installed, I can post a picture, but in the meantime, I would appreciate favorite sites.

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 2:09PM
More Discussions
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Silestone Lagoon... Which one is the real deal????
I am experiencing the typical paralysis by analysis...
Anna Pensgen
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
A different way to deal with the blind corner issue
I think this would require a very specific place to...
raenjapan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™