need help with rosa beta granite - what color to paint wall

momsuz123October 17, 2012

Hi all,

New here. We just bought a new home and the kitchen and powder room have Rosa Beta granite. It is mostly black and white, with flecks of pink/beige. I need to pain the kitchen (it is that faux painting style). What colors do you recommend? The floor and cabinets are oak. I really love the layout of the kitchen. We are not able to replace the granite (even though that would be my preference). I want. Maybe a fun "cherry" color or something? Lots of big windows in there too - stainless appliances (some still black - will convert those to stainless as they break down).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EAM44

Without pictures it's impossible for anyone here to really help, I'm afraid. Oak could be red or white oak, old or new, stained or not, finished with a spar urethane (making it yellow-ish) or clear poly. And there are huge differences among slabs of any stone. All of the stone images below are of Rosa Beta. Is there an existing bs? There are just too many variables.

Bookmark   October 17, 2012 at 11:44PM
herbflavor

if it's the oak of past decades I can imagine you may want to change that later-darker stain or paint. I'd keep the walls whitish if you are bothering to paint[painting a kitchen is a lot of work]... what exactly is the problem with the faux finish? EAM has good pics to show the ranges of variability one can be dealing with.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 10:18AM
ellendi

I agree, without exact pictures, it is hard to make a suggestion. Maybe a grey, but again, we need to see a picture of what you have.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 5:49PM
lazy_gardens

It's a classic granite, used for fireplaces and buildings long before the granite kitchen counter era.

I've seen it in a kitchen with pale rose or peachy walls and grey cabinets. It was lovely. It's also a good blend with terracotta tile floors.

If you want to emphasize the rose flecks, use a color that matches them on the walls. If you want to minimize them, use a neutral grey.

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 1:59PM
More Discussions
48 inch WOLF DF Range, Steamer, Wall oven
Hello, I need some advice since these are a huge investment...
hkwan
Do you like your Viscont White granite counters?
Like so many others, I lust over Calcutta gold marble...
Nan57
Please help me decide on kitchen wall cab elevations
We have a 10 foot sloped ceiling (10 feet where the...
veroni2413
Kitchen layout help, please
Please forgive me, I am not sure if this post should...
kymberie
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™