Calacatta Installed Yesterday; Contractor Finished Today-Pictures

KevinMPOctober 17, 2012

Here's an update on the progress. My contractor came today and finished his end. I still have to paint trim and touch up some of the corners and seal the marble backsplash. Enjoy, for now.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mtnrdredux_gw

OOh , very nice. I love the b/s, you dont see many squares.

I also really like your wall color and the contrast your knobs provide. Great rug, and Im s a sucker for old doors and doorknobs.

Its very au courant, yet a little different

Bookmark   October 17, 2012 at 10:50PM
KevinMP

The door is such a bizarre size, I have to keep it or else have one custom made (which I just had to do for the front to meet the historical requirements at a cost of $3K). But the bonus is that the moulding and panels on the door match the cabinets perfectly.

Bookmark   October 17, 2012 at 11:14PM
cat_mom

Posted a quick compliment over on your thread in the bathroom forum, but had to add one here as well--it came out really great!!!!! The tile is beautiful, and looks great with both counter materials.

(still love the kitty!)

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 12:29AM
trailrunnerbiker

Everything is just perfect. A little gem of a kitchen. I agree with mnt...I would never part with that old door ! I have an 1890 home and it is the details that remain that make it so special. You have really honored your home. c

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 5:04AM
Javachik

I love this kitchen and the new sideboard area. Another shot of your warm, inviting DR and entry area (LR?) wouldn't hurt my feelings either. If I remember correctly, I swooned the first time I saw it. You live right!

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 6:07AM
deedles

Beautiful! The BS really 'ties the room together, man'. Seriously, it's lovely. Also love that old door and the knob/hardware.

Is your pantry area 24" deep or is it a bit shallower? Did you post the interiors of your pantry wall on an earlier post?

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 7:07AM
BuddyBlue1

deedles-I must be out of my element, always thought it was the rug that tied the room together! ;)
KevinMP-All the parts of your kitchen work so beautifully together. I am loving those rugs and the wall color too. Your new countertop is a lovely contrast to the absolute black, we have the same combo. Beautiful!!

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 8:07AM
BuddyBlue1

deedles-I must be out of my element, always thought it was the rug that tied the room together! ;)
KevinMP-All the parts of your kitchen work so beautifully together. I am loving those rugs and the wall color too. Your new countertop is a lovely contrast to the absolute black, we have the same combo. Beautiful!!

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 9:23AM
peonybush

It looks amazing. Not sure I would have been brave enough to pair that backsplash with the marble countertop but I love it. Truly one of my favorites now!
Nice job.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 9:56AM
angel411

Just beautiful! Now people can see how great creamy cabinets and white marble go together. I love it!

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 9:59AM
enduring

Lovely, and I posted over on the Bathroom forum too.

I just have to repeat that your cat matches your kitchen! You may not know that there was a whole lot of "dogs" matching the kitchens a while back. It was a fun thread but I can't find it. Maybe it was on several threads with various names.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 10:19AM
localeater

The kitchen looks great. I love the creamy cabinets, so warm and inviting. Love the pulls you ended up using- they look great.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 3:43PM
saintpfla

DROOL!...

Love it!....and the cute kitty too!

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 3:44PM
Mick Mick

I love your choices. You have great taste! Enjoy.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 5:26PM
secondhalf

Beautiful job. Incredibly warm and inviting.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 8:32PM
taggie

It looks great! I love the two countertops, and I totally love those pulls and knobs. Perfect choice to carry the backsplash behind the fridge too, it looks really finished that way. Great job.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 8:40PM
KevinMP

Thanks everyone. It's hard to believe the cabinets on the other side are the same boxes with paint and new doors/hardware. A big difference with not a ton of work and in a couple of weeks time. I posted pictures of the interior of the drawers and pantry cabinets earlier, but the pantries are still a work in progress because I have to install the trash pullout and cannot decide whether I want it in the pantry by the door or in the small blind cabinet beside the sink.

But here they are. I'll be posting actual before and after pictures this weekend.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 8:54PM
catkin

Wonderful marble and that kitty is precious!
You must be so thrilled with all that organization! I have that same microwave and I'm loving it's small footprint.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 10:48PM
starinasgarden

Well done! Great use of space, and a beautiful transformation. Love the kitty.

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 6:52AM
labbie

Beautiful! It came together so nicely (and relatively quickly....can you have your contractor give mine a call?? ugh)
It's amazing how much extra storage that wall unit provides. Great job (and I also love the kitty).

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 7:51AM
KevinMP

Don't be fooled. My contractor does work quickly, but it still took four days labor--spread out over two weeks.

Thanks everyone. The tile looks even lighter now that everything has dried. I'll seal it tomorrow and take new pictures in daylight.

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 9:24PM
KevinMP

Sorry. I moved the pictures when I was creating a new album. There will be new ones tomorrow with before and after pictures and an explanation of what I used, etc.

Bookmark   October 20, 2012 at 10:35PM
More Discussions
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
happyallison
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
Conestoga: Madison door with beaded inset?
Has anyone done or seen the Madison door on beaded...
akaypick
Soapstone with runnels: How are they holding up?
If you have runnels in your soapstone, could you tell...
leavemeout
CBP fusion pro grout (what is the correct color to use here?)
Hi, I ordered light quartzite tiles in 8'' x 24'' ...
ezpond
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™