Marrble Etching

arizonalady1October 2, 2012

Has anyone used Vitremela the new etch barrier product by the company Dry Treat. It appears from the YouTube video that it would prevent etching on marble, but I would really like to hear from someone who has personal experience with it.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lascatx

This is at least the third product name I've seen from them. I had to go through a lot of insisting to get a sample treated with it and was glad I did. To me, the treated surface felt like it had a plastic coating. It took a beautiful natural stone and made it more like a laminate. I'd rather have laminate.

I can't speak for what they are marketing now or even whether it is different in name or substance from what I experienced. Before you pay a significant amount of money and then have to have it periodically retreated (not something you can DIY), make sure you get a treated sample and are happy with both the look and feel of it and the way it performs.

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 10:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arizonalady1

Thanks so much for your info. Hadn't thought of It altering appearance. I certainly will now. Did it it prevent etching? And what type of counter did you end up choosing? Thanks

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 11:06PM
More Discussions
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
Corian Countertop -Show your pics!
Hi, I'm considering installing a corian countertop...
MercerM
How do I get a rich, warm, chocolate brown stain on oak cabinets?
We originally wanted white cabinets, but the painter...
aryno
Quartz or Dekton/Neolith?
I know all about the wonders of quartz countertops...
nadianyc
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™