Capital Culinarian

1tracmanOctober 18, 2012

I have seen good reviews of the Capital, i am unsure as to get the griddle or grill. I have a lovely Weber grill on the deck and am not sure if I need another one. I live in Pac NW and in winter it is wet and windy. I like the griddle idea but a grill would be OK too, i don't want to take up alot of space as our kitchen is smaller. We just bought the place and it has a 30" built in Jennaire and it is crap. i will have to cut the granite to fit anything other than a 30' drop in.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jscout

I chose a grill over a griddle even though I have a Weber outside. I live in New England, so it gets cold and snowy in the winter. I put my range in last October. Believe it or not, I didn't use the Weber at all this summer. The Capital grill is so much better than the Weber that I opted to cook indoors whenever I needed to grill. The grill on the range is based on their outdoor grill, which has gotten pretty good reviews. I also got a griddle pan that spans two burners. As a result, I get the best of both worlds.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 9:51PM
fmatott

I also chose the grill because while you can put a griddle over a grill, you can't put a grill over a griddle!

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 10:35AM
cooksnsews

Indoor grills require much larger venting capacity, like 1200+cfm. That may also require make-up air, so your venting can potentially cost as much as your range, depending on your local code requirements. I'd look into that before choosing a range configuration.

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 9:13PM
More Discussions
New Vicostone/Pental Quartz Calacatta Borghini?
Has anyone seen the new Vicostone/Pental quartz Calacatta...
nadianyc
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
How high above countertop is the bottom of cabinets?
in a sink area? I have 18 inches above regular countertop...
Annette Holbrook
Anyone have solid walnut slab cabinets?
Howdy! We're trying to decide if we want to do walnut...
Fori is not pleased
Please help me find an eco-friendly black-and-white floor!?
After more years than I care to admit, we are finally...
dawdlinmama
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™