How much room in the drawer for you knobs?

strayerdarbOctober 8, 2013

In a shaker door style, how much flat room should there be for the hardware to fit nicely and for your hand to feel comfortable grabbing the hardware? I am asking this for the smaller drawers that are at the top. The bigger drawers and the cabinets have lots of space in that flat part.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
badgergal

The pulls on my shaker style kitchen doors and drawers have a 1-1/8 inch projection. It fits nicely and is very comfortable. My DH's hands are much larger than mine and he can easily grap the pulls.

My smaller top drawers are slab drawers and the lower drawers are 5 piece. I mounted the hardware on the top rail of the 5 piece drawers and in the same position (as if there had been a rail) on the slab drawers.

I also have shaker style cabinets in my laundry room but those pulls only have about 3/4 inch projection and I can not get my finger completely around the pulls like I can in my kitchen.

Bookmark   October 9, 2013 at 12:38AM
More Discussions
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
Where to keep my oil near cooktop
So I am in the layout phase and trying to figure out...
Dietitian
Cabinet coat for office
I am painting over dark stained builtins in our home...
erinnicole
How many cabinet estimates do you get?
Uggh, I tried to search but am giving up. We are considering...
najames
Can you please take a look at my layout?
I'm currently getting quotes for cabinets and want...
Carolyn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™