Recipe for disaster.
I am feeling pretty bad right now.
I think you all know I was absolutely in love with my 42 inch drawers. It was so great to open one drawer and everything fit perfectly.
Rewind to Saturday - I was so excited showing my SIL the new kitchen and she loved it. Now, I open the big drawer and CRACK. OMG - the drawer pulled out the the side wall on one side.
1. The drawer weighs 30 lbs.
2. The insert weights 8 lbs.
3. The glides are rated for 75 lbs but was told that was how much weight was allowed in the drawer excluding the drawer weight - wrong...
4. Single screw on front of glides (apparently standard)
5. Weight of the dishes in the drawer is ~75 lbs.
6. KD and Brookhaven are working on options.
So, do I split this into two 21 inch cabs or spit the top 2 drawers into two 21 inch drawers and keep the long bottom drawer.
I am so bummed - I loved that big drawer.
I attached a picture of the drawer bank and also here is a picture of the famous drawer.