sound dampening in cupboards

mrtulinOctober 5, 2013

Don't know why, but my new cabinents are echo chambers when dishes are being put in. I imagine because they are not solid wood.
Have you found a product that absorbs plunks and clatters, but is somewhat nice looking as well as functional?
At least all the doors close quietly.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The sort of lacy rubber mats?

It may be echoing from the back, and there's not much you cna do, except maybe tack the cushioning strip onto the back.

    Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 10:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Cushy Cupboards is very highly liked around GW. I would imagine it would provide a good bit of sound dampening as well. I think you can get your Ace Hardware or True Value Hardware to order it for you.

    Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 11:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

For the back of the cabinets, you could try cutting foam board to fit and wrapping it with fabric.

    Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 11:44AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The April sale has been mentioned. Any one know when these might be on sale again?
I'm going to go with Cushy Cupboards. It is expensive! As things go, the shipping is not terrible: 7.80 for a roll, about 20 for 5 rolls. I'd like to wait for it to go on sale, but can't stand the sound of my heavy glasses BANGING down. I could moderate my movements, but sometimes 'ya know, you just wanna get the dishwasher unloaded! Besides, I don';t expect my dh or dd to act like church mice when they put glasses and plates away.

    Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 12:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You can call them and I bet they would tell you when the next sale is. I have been wanting to order it as well since one of my Gardenweb buddies sent me a sample. It is very expensive though so I haven't bit the bullet yet. The owner of the company posts (or used to) on another forum ...

    Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 6:05PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Zinc countertop anyone?
Hi. I'm doing a new kitchen and I have a medium-sized...
"Ledge" sinks and accessories -- do you use them?
I'm considering an undermount stainless sink that has...
HELP - need to pick a floor stain by tomorrow!
Hi, I'm struggling to pick a floor stain from the samples...
My Kitchen Renovation Using Scherr's RTA Cabinets Begins
We start demolition on Monday. We have been actively...
Help needed with this beam!!!
We had part of a wall taken down in the kitchen &...
Sponsored Products
2 Day Designs Reclaimed Russian River Kitchen Island / Bar - WV105
$598.00 | Hayneedle
The Giant Wineglass
$21.99 | zulily
Italian Cottage Cupboard
| Dot & Bo
Parker House - Boston L-Shaped Desk with Hutch in Merlot -...
Great Furniture Deal
Dansk Classic Fjord Plate - Set of 4 - LNOX847
$67.96 | Hayneedle
Lid & Plate Organizer - Set of Two
$11.99 | zulily
Jonti-Craft Kydz 4-in-1 Play Kitchen - 0287JC
$483.99 | Hayneedle
Parker House - Boca Space Saver Library Wall Entertainment Center...
Great Furniture Deal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™