sound dampening in cupboards

mrtulinOctober 5, 2013

Don't know why, but my new cabinents are echo chambers when dishes are being put in. I imagine because they are not solid wood.
Have you found a product that absorbs plunks and clatters, but is somewhat nice looking as well as functional?
At least all the doors close quietly.
Thanks,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

The sort of lacy rubber mats?

It may be echoing from the back, and there's not much you cna do, except maybe tack the cushioning strip onto the back.

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 10:35AM
angela12345

Cushy Cupboards is very highly liked around GW. I would imagine it would provide a good bit of sound dampening as well. I think you can get your Ace Hardware or True Value Hardware to order it for you.

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 11:40AM
writersblock

For the back of the cabinets, you could try cutting foam board to fit and wrapping it with fabric.

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 11:44AM
mrtulin

The April sale has been mentioned. Any one know when these might be on sale again?
I'm going to go with Cushy Cupboards. It is expensive! As things go, the shipping is not terrible: 7.80 for a roll, about 20 for 5 rolls. I'd like to wait for it to go on sale, but can't stand the sound of my heavy glasses BANGING down. I could moderate my movements, but sometimes 'ya know, you just wanna get the dishwasher unloaded! Besides, I don';t expect my dh or dd to act like church mice when they put glasses and plates away.

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 12:40PM
angela12345

You can call them and I bet they would tell you when the next sale is. I have been wanting to order it as well since one of my Gardenweb buddies sent me a sample. It is very expensive though so I haven't bit the bullet yet. The owner of the company posts (or used to) on another forum ... http://www.hometalkentertainment.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213091

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 6:05PM
More Discussions
Sink Window - counter depth or slightly raised?
(I'm trying to limit my queries to 1/day - you have...
Carrie B
Would soapstone work for me?
I currently have Cambria quartz and like it, but don't...
Butternut
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
Neolith polished Classtone?
Has anyone seen any of the new neolith classtone surfaces...
nels1678
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
crcollins1_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™