Please help modernize our kitchen!

lolittakatOctober 1, 2012

Hi everyone! this is the kitchen that came with the house, it's in a decent condition but really doesn't fit our taste. We managed to save up to upgrade to stainless steel appliances , but before purchasing, the pipe under the house bust and flooded our kitchen, dining and living. Yay! bye bye laminate flooring! The pipe repair is happening right now, and we are getting some insurance money to help with new flooring. We have already selected walnut engineered hardwood in the living and dining, and really want to do tile in the kitchen. in the process of tile shopping we found a really good deal on a gray quartz counter top that looks really modern and cool. Unfortunately we have to keep the current cabinets as the funds are short. We really need help deciding on a tile color for the kitchen, it will start where the cabinets are, and some suggestions on what to do with the white by-folds that open into a laundry and pantry area. We also want to paint a fun color, maybe a brighter green or blue.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lolittakat

by tile, i mean floor tile, we'll do backslash tile later on

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 8:05PM
a2gemini

Have you considered cork? It is softer on the feet and legs - that being said - we have hardwood and didn't replace it with our remodel.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 8:43PM
lolittakat

I am not familiar with cork and have not seen it in any showrooms. Our main concern is durability and how easily it cleans, plus i wear heels and i don't want tiny shoe holes all over my kitchen floor

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 8:51PM
More Discussions
Help with kitchen layout - main issue is where to put the ovens
I need to finalize my kitchen design so all feedback/suggestions...
keagle
karin_mt & Marble Owners Who Have Been Able to Remove Etching
I've read that some have been successful at removing...
aloha2009
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Need advice badly! What should I do about my countertop?
The pictures below show my new installed Cambria Bradshaw...
Parhelion
Can you help me make an idea board?
After looking more realistically at our kitchen renovation...
dmeah
Sponsored Products
30 Inch Classic Bakers Rack - 304RA-AB
$349.49 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™