Backsplash suggestions (white cainet and wild rice caesarstone)

lilymilaOctober 12, 2012

My contractor started the kitchen demo on Wed and now my kitchen is a blank slate. My cabinet is Dura Supreme classic white in homestead door style and my counter will be wild rice caesarstone. I feel overwhelmed when I got to Tileco. Every corner of the store has floor to ceiling tile display. I could go with something simple like Jeffrey Court glass field tile in polaris, but I am open to suggestions from the gardenweb veterans here. I don't like traditional; my style is more transitional to modern.

Thanks

http://www.durasupreme.com/styling-guide/finishes/paint

http://www.caesarstoneus.com/products/color/4360/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
herbflavor

the counter is very neutral. Do you have hardware chosen-I'd get a theme going with backsplash and hardware. Can't say because so many things work with the counter-bronze /pewter hardware or the new polished nickel I've seen is a little more showy-for backsplash-pull the malty cream out of counter or darker glass mosaics-black-dark grey for drama[with the polished nickel hardware!], or white glass,or plain off white ceramic tile with darker grout for interest-just what do you like? Serious or more of a fun,bold look??

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 4:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilymila

I haven't choose any hardware yet. That's another big decision. I want brushed nickel, polished nickel, or chrome (no ORB and cup pulls). Style wise, I like neutral, clean, tranquil looking, and nothing too crazy. I will post more pic once the cabinets are in. They are starting on Monday. In addition, the wall in the kitchen will be Zephyr Hill, which is also the color of my living room. (I can't figure out how to make this picture smaller).

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 7:42PM
More Discussions
Need advice on Backsplash
I am a chef and caterer--I'm just finishing up a large...
avolab
36" cabinet for 32" fridge: future proofing or too much compromise?
Hi everyone! Making final decisions for our cabinet...
kiwigem
Alternate granite idea to replace Cambrian black I had been planning?
My DH is killing me. We are doing white cabinets and...
happyallison
How old will I be?
How long did your kitchen remodel take, from the tearing...
ryseryse_2004
Dishwasher in white, black or panel??
My 17 year old dishwasher needs to be replaced. It...
shellking
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™