How do I choose finger pulls size and shape.

LoPayOctober 11, 2013

I couldn't get routed pulls on my slab style doors and drawers. Plan B is minimal tab pulls. Thinking ORB or antique brass to blend with the wood grain, even though faucet is brushed nickel and appliances are stainless.

How do I figure out what is the right size pull for a drawer or door?

How wide does a drawer have to be before you need two pulls? How far apart should the pulls be placed?

I've seen a few different ways the pulls are attached. Is one type of configuration better than another?

If I had to do actual pulls, I would go broke. I know I would want the ones that are funky artsy-fartsy sculptural metal burnished with unicorn poo by Nepalese nuns.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gabbythecat

Have you looked on ebay for pulls? That's probably where I'll go when I look for ours next month...and I'll probably go with knobs b/c of price..simple is, alas, less expensive. I'd go for pine cone knobs, but they would probably be out of our price range.

Bookmark   October 11, 2013 at 9:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joaniepoanie

I have slab doors and used Berensen Bravo pulls. They come in different widths and I used several different widths throughout my kitchen depending on the width of the cabinet. I have been very happy with them.

Bookmark   October 11, 2013 at 10:15PM
More Discussions
glazzio waterfall tile
considering glazzio waterfall tile in my kitchen for...
munnybunni
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
Crack in Quartz countertop
I purchased my Quartz countertop 7 months ago and I...
avsheth2002
raee - any tips for cabinet maker you recommended?
Sorry, I still seem to be unable to figure out how...
oasisowner
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™