Cabinet Color for Kashmir White Granite

LisaC1995October 19, 2012

I would love some advice! I just purchased Kashmir White Granite--it has more movement and more taupes than other slabs I have seen, but plenty of ivory and some gray. We are painting our kitchen cabinets and I want a warm white or cream. I like a traditional 'pottery barnish' kitchen--walls are Restoration Hardware silver sage, medium toned hardwood floors, going to do a glossy cream subway tile backsplash. Any advice on a cabinet color that will not produce a 'sterile' looking kitchen, yet still blend with the cooler tones of Kashmir White granite?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ellendi

BM Simply White or Cloud White are very popular. I have BM Dove White, but in my kitchen with lots of natural light it can be very white but it might also work for you.

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 8:49PM
LisaC1995

An extra note--the lighting in my kitchen is not the greatest, so it is darker to begin with. I definitely don't want a white-white, but am afraid that going too cream would not be good because of the lighting--how can I achieve a warm feel in the room with the cabinet color????

Bookmark   October 20, 2012 at 7:19AM
laurajane02

Hi,

I've linked a thread regarding cream cabinets that may give you some inspiration. I also want off-white cabinets that aren't stark. I chose BM Mascarpone. Who knows if I made the right choice though, I don't even have windows yet! I decided based on online photos, reviews, and large samples of the color next to my other elements (soapstone, wood floor, cedar beams).

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread on cream cabinets

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 5:27PM
LisaC1995

Thanks laurajane! I will look at the Mascarpone!

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 5:53PM
suzanne_sl

We have Kashmir Gold counters and used BM Bavarian Cream for all the trim specifically because it goes so well with the counters. It may well be a good match for Kashmir White too - worth having a look.

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 6:10PM
denali2007

I used BM Acadia white for the trim in our house. It's a creamy white. Don't have it on cabinets though.

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 6:49PM
Madeline616

Hi Lisa-

I have to second Denali's BM Acadia White suggestion. My kitchen cabs are this color, and I'm designing my parents' kitchen now with Kashmir White granite and BM's Acadia White cabs.

It's a gorgeous, creamy, slightly warmer white, definitely not a stark white.

Something else to consider, most colors in this family do tend to darken or sometimes go a little tiny bit warmer over time.

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 7:41PM
LisaC1995

I went with BM White Dove for the cabinets. Now, I'm stuck on the subway tile--Adex Hampton series make a pretty beveled, crackled tile in a bone color, but I'm worried it is too ivory. Any suggestions for subway tile colors/brands?

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 9:30PM
More Discussions
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
Best type of rug to protect hardwood floors in kitchen?
I found an older thread which discusses choices of...
juliedrew
So confused!!
Okay kind people I need assistance as I am overwhelmed...
Susan McGoldrick-Meerdink
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Left/Right/Center & Related Hand & Faucet Questions
I've searched & read countless threads here over...
Carrie B
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™