Opinions on new kitchen layout

frontOctober 2, 2013

I want to extend my kitchen into an adjacent area. My existing kitchen ends at the partition wall. I want to extend it out to have more room in the kitchen and to have a place to sit and eat. I just wanted to get some inputs on the project. The remodel work isn't too intensive. I just don't want to miss something.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
front

pic

Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 7:49PM
front

pic

Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 7:50PM
front

pic

Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 7:51PM
front

Any input?

Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 9:41AM
herbflavor

so the wall to be removed is where the peninsula and stools are in the mock up? This is your chance to get improved venting..... placed on that high wall, what is your venting plan? an and easier and less lengthy bend to outside might be had on fridge wall.....customarily the best venting assignment for install and efficiency in function would be the sink wall. Replace centered sink window with some narrow casements flanking the hood, taking centered position. Then sink and fridge are positioned on the inside walls.I would seriously consider this......with the pitch of your ceiling, the wall hood with some taller casements bringing in light /view would fit the ambience....I think you'd be enhancing your space more.

Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 10:14AM
angela12345

Where does the door go ? Garage ?

Can we see an expanded view of the space including what the surrounding rooms are ?

Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 10:31AM
front

Thank you for the suggestions. I was thinking about routing the exhaust vent above the cabinets using rectangular vent pipe. It would then go into the wall and into an adjoining attic space. It would eventually go out a side vent. I am open to venting it directly through the roof. I would need to build a soffit around it.

The door actually goes to a small laundry room. The rest of the wall is a walk-in closet. Unfortunately, I did not finish the rest of the floor plan.

Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 8:56PM
More Discussions
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Silestone suede cemento for kitchen counters ?
I am considering this dark grey "cemento"...
jeannette10
color of sink in a modern kitchen ?
I will have white cabinets and dark grey counter tops. what...
jeannette10
Layout review needed- please give feedback!
I think I'm getting closer to finalizing a plan for...
melis918
How best to trick this space out as a pantry?
Hi all. I currently have a roomy walk-in pantry (4'...
jenmendel23
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™