Invincible LVP flooring?

zeitgastOctober 13, 2013

Anybody have experience with the Carpet One store brand of luxury vinyl planking?

Was shopping for LVP and saw on display. Looks really good and seems to have good specs (0.55 mm wear layer).

We are installing on a concrete slab below grade (basement actually) but I was told by the rep that they sell a lot of this for people who like wood in a kitchen but don't want to worry about water or tile induced back pain.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JessHS

I don't know what brand Carpet One is selling.

We have Konnecto brand luxury vinyl planks- wood type- in our sunken living room. We did use the Konnecto underlayment to provide a little bit of softening. I think it would be great in a kitchen. We just have it in the LR due to flooding and having to rip out the carpet. We wanted to have something waterproof in case it happens again. I put it in in Jan 2010 and it still looks great. Lots of people think it is real wood.

Bookmark   October 13, 2013 at 9:43PM
barbcollins

i don't know about Carpet One either, but I looked at their website and they have quite a selection. I wonder who manufacturers it? Is it made by Konnecto also?

I have used the Allure flooring from home depot since it first came out. I love it.

The newest is the Allure Plus. I installed the travertine style in a bathroom, and a wood look style in a back entryway. I think it's beautiful and SO easy to keep clean.

I plan to use it in my next kitchen & bathroom projects.

Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 7:56AM
Annie Deighnaugh

I don't know carpet one.

I used LVP from Amtico in most of our house, and I used Flexitech in the basement as it is more cushioned and it's a sheet product so less likely to be impacted by moisture. Both have performed very well for us, but Amtico is expensive.

Amtico:

Flexitech:

Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 10:29AM
More Discussions
Removing a load-bearing wall... $10,000!
Omigod. We just got a quote for removing the load-bearing...
ideagirl2
Kitchen layout, updated
Revised layout:
edwardshome
Barker cabinet samples
Does anyone have any barker cabinet samples that they're...
tigger9759
Relative cabinetry prices: brand vs. brand
We're going to redo our kitchen but aren't quite ready...
stretchad
How high above countertop is the bottom of cabinets?
in a sink area? I have 18 inches above regular countertop...
Annette Holbrook
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™