Juparana Cordoba Granite

sdmomof3boysOctober 9, 2012

Does anyone have Juparana Cordoba Granite? If so, do you like it? Would you be willing to post a picture? I fell in love with a granite called Kosmos, but it was recommended that I do not use it due to it being a fairly soft granite with a lot of mica - I guess there are problems with scratching and crumbling and it is not very durable and not recommended for a kitchen. Juparana Cordoba was recommended to me as an alternative though I have not seen any actual granite slabs yet - will probably have to drive several hours to see it. I have honey oak cabinets - would like to change them but they are good quality and only 12 years old so they will be staying. I will be getting granite, backsplash and new flooring which I haven't picked yet but will probably be tile. I have stainless steel appliances - the stove and microwave are stainless and black. Kitchen not big but average sized and gets a quite a bit of light. I don't have a center island but rather countertop is U shaped and I do have 3 chairs up to it. I think I prefer dark counters but am open to suggestions and if you have Juparana Cordoba please post it. Thanks!!! Stacey

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AMS1966

Did you ever install the Juparana Cordoba? I loved the Kosmos/Asterix too. But was worried about durability. I'm in the same situation and will have to drive 4 hours to see it.

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 4:30PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sdmomof3boys

No, I did not go with the Juparana Cordoba. I ended up making a 4 hour trip as well and looked at lots of granite. Ended up going with something called Stormy Night. I couldn't find very many pictures of Stormy Night online and mine looked quite different than the ones I saw - much darker and deeper coloring (Black, Browns, Tans, Ivory). It is such a hard decision to make. Now that we have had our granite installed for about 16 months we are going to be moving and will most likely build a new home in the next few months to a year - depending on when our house sells. I will have lots of decisions to make then! The nice thing is I can start all over and will not be trying to find a granite that looks good with the existing cabinets and floors (which I picked 14 years ago but would do differently now!) Good luck! The Juparana Cordoba I saw was nice but the slabs I saw didn't have any type of wow factor. The Cosmos/Asterix would have been my first choice but my husband vetoed it as the designer that was helping us out said it is not recommended for kitchens - especially ones that will get lots of use.

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 8:03PM
More Discussions
Gap between backsplash and over-the-range microwave?
Hi, all. Does anyone have an over-the-range microwave...
hjs
Help with galley kitchen layout ... please.
Hi everyone! I am hoping you can help me with my layout...
ybchat67
xenon light bars for under-cabinet
based on what I saw in the lighting showroom my electrician...
lmgch
Fabricator questions
We were just told that the fabricator our contractor...
tea4all
Odd Shaped Kitchen Remodel
I cross posted this in the Design Dilemma forum, but...
sdp123
Sponsored Products
Granite Peak Flower Graphic Shade Ovo Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
30 x 22" Apron Genuine Gray Granite Stone Kitchen sink - LAGOS
Living'ROC
Liberty Furniture Kingston Server in Hand Rubbed Cognac Finish
Beyond Stores
Double Equal Bowl TruGranite Kitchen Sink
MR Direct Sinks and Faucets
37" Granite Vanity Top for Semi-Recessed Sink - Single Faucet Hole
Signature Hardware