What product do you use on the bottom of your stools/chairs?

Mom23EsOctober 25, 2012

We currently have ceramic tile. The kids slide chairs and stools all over, and I don't have to worry about scratching the floors. In the new kitchen we have site finished hardwood floors. How can I protect my floors? I've seen a bunch of different products, but I'm wondering what the GW experts recommend?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SparklingWater

I have the plastic rounds which you drill a hole in your chairs leg bottoms, and then push and hammer in the plastic. A little work but so worth it. I also have felt which picks up my dogs hair so I'm switching them out. The plastic rounds actually seem to work better and glide across the floor with minimal friction and no noise.

Good luck. I love wood floors!

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 6:58PM
coco4444

Stick on felt. I buy the huge squares (~5x7"?) of the heavy duty kind at the hardware store and cut them to fit (more economical than buying the pre-cut ones). I have them EVERYWHERE in my house. You have to replace them every 12-18 months I find (however we a shedding dog and the hair weasels its way under the adhesive after a while).

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 7:31PM
jerzeegirl

Definitely stick on felt. That's what the hardwood floor guys recommend.

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 7:46PM
breezygirl

I use these stick on felt tabs in the dark brown. HD. Cheap. My floor guys recommended them also. Unfortunately, they seem to gather all the cat hair within a 5 mile radius. I quixkly pull the hair off when I come around with the little swiffer stick vac.

I did see some cool plasticy circle tabs that said they work great on wood floors, but reviews on HD's website were mixed with a few people reporting that they badly scratched their wood. I'm not willing to risk it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Felt tabs that we have stuck to every piece of furniture on wood floor

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 7:55PM
phoggie

In my last house, I first put on those plastic slides, but they did not work too well,so ended up putting the heavy duty felt stick on ones...they worked so much better.

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 10:15PM
Angie_DIY

I find stick-on felt always fall off. I instead finally started using felt that is backed by a plastic pad, and then has a cylinder of thin metal that acts as a nail to go into the bottom of wooden chair legs, like the ones on the right-hand side of this picture:

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 10:18PM
phoggie

In my last house, I first put on those plastic slides, but they did not work too well,so ended up putting the heavy duty felt stick on ones...they worked so much better.

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 10:20PM
More Discussions
White Macaubus and Sea Pearl quartzite
We are considering White Macaubus for our kitchen in...
poppy3212
Faucet Choice: Blanco, Hansgrohe or KWC
Hi, We are remodeling our kitchen and will be putting...
jazzcook
Please help! We're getting a buzz--LED dimmer questions
We installed Commercial Electric LED can lights made...
laughablemoments
Crack in Quartz countertop
I purchased my Quartz countertop 7 months ago and I...
avsheth2002
Anyone bought a sink from www.seamlesssinks.com?
http://www.seamlesssink.com/ledge-galley-sinks.html much...
Dietitian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™