Ideas for pullouts for narrow pantry???

amharrisOctober 6, 2013

Hi everyone. My inlaws just downsized to a condo and have a very small kitchen. There is a narrow(!) pantry next to the refrigerator. Unfortunately, there are no pullouts in it.
Here are dimensions.
The pantry is 23 inches deep.
The top unit is 34 7/8" tall
The bottom unit is 48 5/8" tall
Width-- inside is 10 3/4", but when you factor in the door/hinge, there is 10 3/8" that will clear the door when pulled out. So a 10" pullout of some sort will work.

I'd like to find a relatively inexpensive way for them to have pullouts on the shelves. I've looked at options, and other than spending close to $1000 on a rev-a-shelf option to convert the entire pantry to a pullout system, I'm scratching my head. I know there must some inexpensive options out there!

Ideas???? Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
snoonyb

The lower section is easily converted to roll-outs by a cabinet shop.
I'd leave the top alone.

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 6:59PM
sosouper

You could get pull-outs for some of the shelves and for the rest, I would see what type of containers you can purchase that fit the space. That way, you can label the container and pull the whole thing out when you need something.

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 8:43PM
williamsem

You can buy the pull out units for the bottom for about $500 from places like cabinetparts.com. There are a few places I saw them when I was looking, this site is just the one I saw first today checking prices.

By the time you factor in the time and frustration of piecing together another solution, it may be worth it!

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 9:05PM
sunsoleil

My friend is planning to use these. She has not ordered them yet, but this was the best deal for her needs. Costco has similar ones online also.
http://www.shelvesthatslide.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=STS&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=SS&Product_Code=PPP5

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 9:07PM
raehelen

I highly recommend the Lee Valley pullouts! Their customer service is second to none. When I ordered mine, one of the pullouts/slider bars stuck, and they sent two new ones immediately in the mail. They have various sizes. The medium one would work for your bottom cupboard. You could even fit the small into your top cupboard, and leave one or two shelves in there. (I just put light things like crackers, cereal in my upper pullouts in my pantry).

Here is a link that might be useful: medium pullout

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 9:07PM
cookncarpenter

Most cabinet shops can make drawer boxes or pull outs for you. I used Accuride full extension drawer guides on mine.

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 11:16PM
amharris

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Great ideas!

Bookmark   October 9, 2013 at 9:20PM
laughablemoments

What about joining the two doors together in the middle and putting in a rev-a-shelf style pullout from bottom to top? Or, two separate pullouts if they don't like the idea of attaching the doors to each other?

Here is a link that might be useful: Rev-a-shelf pull-out pantry

Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 10:00AM
More Discussions
"Ledge" sinks and accessories -- do you use them?
I'm considering an undermount stainless sink that has...
denizenx
Need help on storing root vegetables
Can anyone help me with ideas to store my root veges...
sl4321
Help on Cabinet Approach / Selection
Hi, I've actively scoured the forum for useful tidbits...
fshine
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
mary8153
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™