Another "Where to End the Backsplash" Dilemma

gracefullyagedOctober 19, 2013

Please advise... Not sure if I should:

1. End the backsplash where the cabinet ends on the right. Will it look lopsided because, to the left, it will be wrapping around the wall into the window?

2. End it at the outside corner of the wall on the right?

3. Wrap around the outside corner on the right the length of one tile or so? Cannot go to the edge of the peninsula counter due to the double outlets there.

Additional info:
- The backsplash will be Horus Art Tiffany Crackle in Caramel -- a very close match to the cabinet color. I am heeding Jackuvall's advice from another thread that you rarely get in trouble with understatement. I ordered plenty of bullnose for wherever the BS ends.
- We are losing the red wall color. May go with PPG Stonehenge Greige or Sweet Annie, but that's still up in the air (feel free to advise there as well).
- The outlet and switch under the cabinets will be capped off and covered by the BS.

Thank you for your counsel!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kathy Rivera

In this case, I'd end it at the wall's edge. I just think with it continuing all around on the other side, it would look more balanced it it went to the wall's edge on the right.

I'd definitely NOT wrap it around.

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 7:45PM
joaniepoanie

I agree...go to the end of the wall but don't wrap around.

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 7:53PM
magsnj

1. I would NOT end it where the upper cabinet ends. Defintely has to go to the end of the wall from the first pictures view. I'd probably also do it all about an inch above the bottom of the upper cabinets.

Options 2 or 3 are the tough one. Part of me says wrap it around but the light switch definitely causes a littl of an issue where to stop it. My vote, based on this pic I found, is not to wrap it around. I really don't like the way it looks here:

Rustic Kitchen by Atlanta General Contractors AHB General Contractors

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 7:55PM
magsnj

Found this...they stopped it instead of wrapping it around the corner (near the tv in the pic) even though the countertop was deeper than the wall (like yours) and I like the look of this better:

Farmhouse Kitchen by Minneapolis Interior Designers & Decorators Anna Berglin Design

Here is a link that might be useful: Houzz link

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 8:01PM
More Discussions
Karran quartz sink?
I really like the look and supposed durability of the...
oasisowner
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
how to deal with delays
our cabinets were supposedly on pace to be delivered...
lmgch (formerly on GW)
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™