Cambria Countertops - Looking for a modern edge and corners

berardmrOctober 6, 2012

My kitchen countertops were templated today. I have not picked my edge yet, but would love some recommendations on a clean, modern edge.

Another thing I hadn't thought about was the corners. For the "corner" turns in the counter, I was told that I wanted the soft, radius corners. After the templater left, I thought that maybe there's a cleaner look out there?

I don't think that softly rounded corners gives a contemporary look so, as with most everything in this remodel, I'm asking all of you for a recommendation.

Oh, I also have a farm sink, need some direction on how those edges and corners s/b finished too.

I'm open to suggestions and will need to make a decision early next week. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
berardmr

Let me clarify. I think I've decided on an eased edge. But do I have a choice on what type of raduis I want on the counters? If so, what is the best contemporary choice? Thanks again.

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 6:17PM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

You don't want anything tighter than about a 1/2" radius or your counter can crack from the stress. That's still pretty "square" looking to most people.

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 6:32PM
fouramblues

We've got 1/2" radius with eased edge, and I like it very much. I was going for clean lines, traditional finishes with my reno. I believe this edge would look nice in a modern kitchen as well, but I'm biased!

(Cambria Buckingham quartz)

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 9:14PM
berardmr

That's it! That's exactly what I want. Thanks, fouramblues!

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 9:19PM
fouramblues

Welcome! :)

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 9:22PM
hags00

I also got eased edge on my Cambria and my guy brought a radius template and I got to choose my radius at each corner (I had a funny end where a wall didn't allow conventional overhang so it was a little shorter and we tweaked the radius there to get a good look which is why I wasn't picking the same radius all over).

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 10:11PM
More Discussions
Do I need an architect?
I have posted before about wanting to remodel my awful...
msmagoo
hardware length vs. drawer width..
All, We've figured out which pulls we want for our...
yoda888
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
Conestoga: Madison door with beaded inset?
Has anyone done or seen the Madison door on beaded...
akaypick
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™