Ballpark figure for this tile?

drewemOctober 11, 2012

Does anyone know a rough estimate of how much Sonoma Tilemakers Puka~Silk 1x4 brick Vihara tile costs?

What about Artistic Tile Chrysanthemum Calacatta Gold With Mother of Pearl?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beekeeperswife

I will take a stab at the 2nd...probably at least $119 sq foot. It's water jet cut, right? Those are the pricey babies.

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 5:27PM
drewem

Yes I think it is water jet. That is one idea I have (of many...) It would be a feature behind the range (so not that much sq ft), with a marble subway for the rest.... but I have so many ideas right now, and no space to see it all together yet! House goes to framing next week.

I do keep coming back to the Vihara, so that may be a sign. Don't know if it works with the Arabescato White Quartzite yet though.

Or there is an awesome arched herringbone (sonoma tile makers) in a 1x2 that would make a great feature, with something else...

Or that really pretty Artistic tile that was on one of your threads, bee, (the wavy one) as a feature.

Thanks!

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 6:16PM
drewem

I just saw that Madeline616 has that arched herringbone! Maybe she can chime in on pricing for that one?

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 6:19PM
home4all6

Can'thelp with those, but I can tell you that this beauty from Ann Sacks

only costs $528.93-$666.45/sq.ft, if you were considering that...like I WAS...but no longer am...haha!

I know another I enquired about, the BeauMonde Grace pattern is also water-jet cut (the artiste above is "hand-cut" which must require VERY strong hands, huh? :) and the Grace runs $111.14-$151.55/sq.ft depending on stones used....

I've just been emailing with someone from the Ann Sacks showroom I went to, and she's been very happy to provide prices via email. You might want to try that....

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 7:07PM
drewem

Ohh that is very pretty Home, and I was liking it for a feature, that is, until I saw that price!

There is one Ann Sacks I like, the poppies, but don't think I can pull that one off. Thanks for the suggestion about e-mailing the sales staff. I have plenty of time, just trying to narrow down designs, and price is a great way to do that! I can see spending some more money on a feature, and then doing something more simple and cost effective on the rest of the splash.

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 7:18PM
AboutToGetDusty

I used Artistic Tile's Granada Smoke waterjet behind our range. $102 plus $25 to ship, minus %20 "contractor rate." I'm not a contractor; I just asked the local store for that rate :-) The rest of the backsplash was an undulated creamy white field tile, brick-laid. Looked like the more expensive stuff to my eye, but it was just $3.50/square foot (again, the "contractor rate"). Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Granada Smoke

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 7:40PM
drewem

Thank you Dusty! I am going to do a search and see if I can find your backsplash. It sounds like what I want to do, when the perfect tile is found. I like the idea of the contractor rate! My luck, the store will ask for verification...hahah. oh well.

That's very pretty Artistic tile by the way.

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 10:23AM
catbuilder

I don't know about the Sonoma 1x4's, but the list price of the 1/2 x 1-1/4's is $30/sheet, which is just over 1 sq ft. I would think that the bigger tiles would be less expensive.

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 10:52AM
drewem

Thank you cat! That doesn't seem too bad...a lot better than Home's $528 a sq ft tile!

I really do like Sonoma's tile. There was a beautiful metal insert, but cannot find it.

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 11:16AM
sawallis

I used the Sonoma Vihara 1/2 x 1 1/4's in Minka in my guest bathroom remodel and I think it was around $28 per sheet (a little under 1 sq ft). It's really beautiful installed.

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 3:12PM
drewem

Oohhhh thank you Austin! I am glad that some one actually has this line installed! I also like the Minka color very much. Did you get it in Silk or Iridescent? Can you post a picture? Thank you again.

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 4:12PM
sawallis

DrewEm, sorry I just saw your questions. I used the iridescent. It was difficult to choose - I loved all of the colors.

Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 10:45PM
sawallis

Trying another picture...

Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 10:52PM
More Discussions
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
Just got my kitchen remodel photographed by a prof. What a difference!
For some reason a couple of the pics double posted....
Tamara Hadji
My finished kitchen
This is my second kitchen remodeled with the kind assistance...
jerzeegirl
Neolith polished Classtone?
Has anyone seen any of the new neolith classtone surfaces...
nels1678
Cherry and White Granite Kitchen Reveal - Lots of Photos!
First of all- this is a thank you post to the Gardenweb...
jenibufford
Sponsored Products
Forever Collectibles MLB 2010 Santa Hat - 129581
$19.99 | Hayneedle
Paragon Hot Dog Steamer - 8020
$319.00 | Hayneedle
Imperial MLB Game Time Chair and Ottoman - IMP 204-2001
$699.00 | Hayneedle
American Standard Bathroom Regalyn Wall-Mounted Bathroom Sink in White
Home Depot
Fathead MLB Outside Stadium Wall Decal - 51-51261
$99.99 | Hayneedle