what type of backsplash looks good with Santa Cecila countertops?

kymmyjOctober 5, 2010

We just had beautiful new Santa Cecilia granite countertops put in, but my dilemma is the what backsplash to have put in. We have white cabinets and a light tile floor. The walls are Portobello (dark brown) by Sherwin Williams. Any suggestions would be so very helpful

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buehl

Welcome to the Forum!

Have you had a chance to check the Finished Kitchens Blog (FKB)? It not only has many, many finished kitchens from GWers over the years, but it also has a "categories" page. Look for the "FKB Categories" link in the navigation panel on the right side of any home kitchen page in the FKB.

Scroll down to the "Countertops" section and look for your stone's name. When you click on the name, you will be taken to a page that lists all the kitchens with that stone. If your stone is not listed, look for some with similar coloring. Click on one of the GWers in the list and you will see that person's kitchen and what backsplash s/he has.

(I just looked, there are 11 kitchens with Santa Cecilia stone.)

Good luck!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BTW...you're probably not receiving emails of follow-up postings, even though you checked the box requesting them. This is b/c you don't have the email option turned on in your profile. See the "Read Me" thread (linked below) for more information. Scroll down to the post with the subject "Getting Emails Sent To You...3-step Process".

Here is a link that might be useful: Read Me If You're New To GW Kitchens!

Bookmark   October 5, 2010 at 11:20PM
st_judys_comet

Also, depends on what dominant color there is in your St. Cecilia. I have several samples at my shop, and when we pick backsplash tile, it all depends on the sample we have, and more importantly on the slab the customers pick. Some has more gold in it, some more beige-y tones. Florida Tile Mexican Travertine in Desert Cream has been a good one. Also, Florida Tile Ankara, Alabaster. Those are two off the top of my head that have been used recently with St. Cecilia. That is, in my opinion, a very nice granite with most tiles... just look at your particulars slab at the range of colors to see what jumps out at you.

Bookmark   October 6, 2010 at 12:43PM
boxerpups

Here are a few visuals, maybe they can help you.
White cabinets, light tile floor, Portobello walls and SC
granite.
~boxerpups

Home Town Girl Typepad

The View

Country

Bookmark   October 7, 2010 at 6:49PM
delway

Hello, I looked thru the countertops section and couldn't find any info on the next to last picture that "bowerpups" posted. Any idea what the name of the backsplash is in that pic....looks like a split stone.

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 10:08AM
More Discussions
Looking for a review of TCE Quartz
Looking to put in a Quartz countertop and was quoted...
maremurry
Carrara all the way!
It's my first post here, and I have to thank you all...
somersetlass
Week 44: Spring, spring, SPring, SPRING dreams!
I am having spring fever. I can't wait until it's...
CEFreeman_GW
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Help with kitchen layout - main issue is where to put the ovens
I need to finalize my kitchen design so all feedback/suggestions...
keagle
Sponsored Products
Casablanca Ceiling Fans Panama DC 54 in. Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan 59511
Home Depot
Toio Floor Torchiere by Flos Lighting
$1,395.00 | Lumens
Chilewich Skinny Stripe Shag Floormat - Chilewich
$50.00 | HORNE
60" Casa Vieja Turbina White Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
Teak Rectangle Slatted Bench
Grandin Road