Cold water only in prep sink?

powermuffinOctober 30, 2013

Does anyone have a faucet that only provides cold water to their prep sink? My husband ordered a faucet that isn't made for both hot and cold water. He didn't realize that this was even an option.

We are going to keep it for now, and if it becomes an issue, we will change it out. I am just curious if anyone chose one like this on purpose.
Diane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

I think I'd want hot water there for cleaning. Are you at least plumbing it for hot in case you change it out later?

Bookmark   October 30, 2013 at 6:02PM
blfenton

Most of my use would be cold water because most of my use is for prepping vegies. I would need hot water though for washing my hands during prep and washing out the sink at the end of dinner.

Bookmark   October 30, 2013 at 6:15PM
GreenDesigns

He ordered a bar faucet, not a prep faucet. It won't have enough flow rate or coverage for a prep sink. Plus, only cold? Not only no, but H-E-double hockeysticks NO!

Bookmark   October 30, 2013 at 7:40PM
kksmama

Well, I kinda sorta have the same thing. I have a regular faucet, but a cold water only tapmaster. We live in Florida, and our "cold" water is at least 72 degrees, even in winter. Of course I can easily use hot or warm water by using my faucet handle, and if I find myself doing so often I'll change the tapmaster. I'll know in a few months, fall is finally in the air here!

Bookmark   October 30, 2013 at 8:01PM
powermuffin

Yes, we are plumbing for hot water too. If this faucet becomes an issues we will trade it out. Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Diane

Bookmark   October 31, 2013 at 2:25PM
More Discussions
New Layout Help Please
Here's a first go of a new layout. We eat many meals...
sebandninasmom
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Really want to improve my kitchen layout…
I was hoping to get some ideas as to how to layout...
lisakro
Colored Wine Glasses Truly Dishwasher Safe
We are looking for some nice wine glasses that are...
curmudgeon10
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™