Granite Seams Placed over dishwasher
We have dealt with a Granite Co. and have many issues.
1) choose the granite, we were supposed to go back to see the placement and cutting. we were never asked.
2) we have 2 long seams, one at the sink & the other at the dishwasher, total length of granite is 16'. one seam is 1' from sink, the other is over the dishwasher. within a month the caulking over the dishwasher swelled as it was heated from the dishwasher. after several months of this happening the caulking fell through the seam and the granite shifted opening up a wider seam and causing the edges to become uneven.
3) the granite co. stated someone was standing on it for it to shift, totally a false statement.
4) when placing the granite, the installers cut and gouged our drywall - even over the range.
5) there is a chip in the peninsula area, the installer stated, i can fix it, but it will only come out again.
6) the "pieced" together or if you want to call it seamed granite does not flow nicely at all.
7) we have had the owner come to our home to see the damage and he has one excuse after the other.
ANY PROFESSIONAL advice is so needed! the company would like to come out again and reset and fix the granite.