Wanted sink wall base cabs to be a different finish, but....

JamieOctober 11, 2012

Hello here is my kitchen-to-be. IRL the flooring is old fir, cabs whitish. Sink wall countertop = stainless, remainder countertop = soapstone. Not pictured is a wood plate rack above the DW. Hood is stainless and range color is undecided.

I would like the sink wall cabs to be stained rather than painted, but the corner base makes this less straightforward. Should I just make everything whitish instead?

Previously I had planned to make the base cabs on the range wall different (stained), but then I realized that the sink wall was a better candidate because it has no uppers and has the "accent" countertop.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deedles

Would it be possible to just have the sink base in a stain instead of the whole run? Are you planning on getting anew DW? If so, you could get one that is panel ready and have the panel match the cabs that flank the sink? Maybe someone else on here will have a great idea, though! Try to search for pics of sink bases in a different finish... they are out there and it looks nice.

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 5:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Poohpup

T've seen sink cabs done in a different stain/color and it can look really great. Maybe these pictures can give you some ideas.

I love this one but think it would have looked so much better if they had paneled the DW.

Traditional Kitchen design by Huntington Kitchen And Bath Merri Interiors, Inc.

Traditional Kitchen design by Dc Metro Kitchen And Bath SKD STUDIOS

Kitchen design by Philadelphia Kitchen And Bath Superior Woodcraft, Inc.

Traditional Kitchen design by Atlanta Furniture And Accessories The Furniture Guild

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 10:27PM
More Discussions
Anyone have experience with JSI rta cabinets? Essex or Dover?
I'm looking into this brand as suggested by a previous...
happyallison
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
how to deal with delays
our cabinets were supposedly on pace to be delivered...
lmgch (formerly on GW)
Kitchen window or no?
We are planning our new home. I am a difficult time...
kymberie
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™