Efficient use of corner?

TammyTEOctober 15, 2012

In my kitchen layout I have sink then 4.5 feet till the countertop L's around to the cooktop which is about 2 or 3 feet away from the corner of the L. (Depending on what size cooktop I can afford.)

How can I best use that corner space? How much space would I need for a small corner pantry? I know it would take counter space. Not sure I want to give that space up as I was thinking that is where lots of fresh fruits could sit for easy snacks. We constantly have about 20+ bananas and apples, lots of bell peppers, onions and some garlic hanging around on the counter. Sometimes less, sometimes more. I guess all of that could go *in* said pantry.

Thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Angie_DIY

I really don't think you want to interrupt the countertop between the sink and range. This is the area where you will do most of your prep, and transport things 'twixt sink and range.

I suggest using a super susan for the corner.

Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 8:58PM
bacin0

I have pretty much the same layout. I know lots of people don't like them but I love my lazy susan and agree with Angie that you would not want to break up that nice counter run. I keep oils, vinegars, prep bowls and lots of other items in the susan that are handy to have near the stove.

Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 9:04PM
TammyTE

Thank you both. :)

Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 11:29PM
Zippity-do-dah

In our old U shaped kitchen, the corner between the sink and stove was the prime activity area.....both my DH and I preferred to do everything there....and the silverware, dishes and glasses were stored there as well. Other areas were never as handy that that one spot.

Bookmark   October 16, 2012 at 2:04AM
More Discussions
Gray Tile Grout - hideous HELP!!
Please help! I asked my tile guy to update our backsplash....
isheryl
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Karran quartz sink?
I really like the look and supposed durability of the...
oasisowner
please share feedback merillat classic, eastman, armstrong
I've been looking for moderately priced cabinets. Please...
abekker
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™