Frosty Carrina or London Grey

murrywoodsOctober 19, 2013

At the last minute I canceled my granite (Bianco Romano). And now have to decide between the London Grey on the left or Frosty Carrina on the right . The flooring is on the top. White shaker cabinets. I absolutley thought I was going to love the Frosty Carrina but when I saw in person along side the London Grey I am at a stand still.
Please help me decide.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karen.ohio

My taste runs to the one on the right.

Karen

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 4:03PM
SaltLife631

I believe the picture may be upside down because the flooring is on the bottom and you mentioned the flooring being on the top. With that said I would go with the London Grey, the undertones in the London Grey pick up nicely on the color of the floor.

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 5:01PM
blackchamois

Funny, I just ordered samples of both! Check out this kitchen with London Gray ...

I'll try to find the other one of Frosty Carina

Here is a link that might be useful: London Gray

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 5:16PM
blackchamois

Here is a link to some of Frosty Carrina.

Personally, I think either would look great! Do you have ideas for your backsplash yet? And would it look better with one vs. the other?

Here is a link that might be useful: Frosty Carrina

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 5:20PM
xc60

Yes, picture is upside down, Frosty Carrina on left, the darker London Grey on right.

I am using the Frosty Carrina on our island in our new build, it's a hard decision as they are both gorgeous!

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 5:20PM
blackchamois

btw ... the London Gray kitchen I linked to is tmunson's and the Frosty Carrina is from kal34's kitchen.

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 5:27PM
murrywoods

Thank you so much. It looks like one vote for Frosty Carrina and one vote for London Gary and one vote for either. Yes picture is upside down We need a tie braker.

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 5:52PM
lori_inthenw_gw

Frosty!

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 6:17PM
murrywoods

Thank you lori_inthenw for breaking the tie. Frosty Carrina my original choice. The whiter one. i said at the every beginning i wanted quartz. Builder only offered granite. We have changed so many things and at the last minute (cabinets will be in this coming week) I was like I can not do the granite.

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 6:30PM
SaltLife631

I see two votes for London Grey, both Karen and myself! You will be fine either way.

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 6:38PM
heidia

London gray!

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 9:04PM
IliN

Have you checked these against your white cabinets? Are your cabinets, stark white or warm white?
Just be aware that both Frosty Carina and London Gray are quite warm. I had London Gray picked and when my cabinets were installed and we tried the large sample on top, it looked dirty, Same with the Frosty Carina as it's a creamy ivory white. The Caesarstone website shows it whiter than it actually is. We ended up going with Caesarstone Misty Carrera as it was a bit of a cooler white. Hope that helps!

If your cabinets are a warmer white then I vote for London Gray! I saw it in a friends house with gray and navy cabinets and it looked stunning!

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 9:15PM
robinle

I like both but with the white cabinets I like London Grey better. I had samples of both and they both are very nice looking.

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 9:18PM
karen.ohio

Let's add something else to the mix! Have you looked at Cambria Quartz? I like their similar colors better. Not much help, though, since I chose Blue Pearl granite.

Karen

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 10:48PM
joaniepoanie

London Gray....but based on the pic BlackChamois posted I might be tempted to go darker for more contrast with the cabs. But in your pic it does seem to coordinate nicely with the floor.

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 11:27PM
murrywoods

Thank you everyone. Now I too am leaning towards the London Grey.

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 8:59AM
blackchamois

3labs - any update? what did you decide?

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 11:43PM
murrywoods

I decided on London Grey only to find out it was on back order. So I need to go with Frosty Carrina. The first estimate I got last week seemed so high, even knowing how expensive it is. Today I have another fabricator coming to give me an estimate.

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 5:57AM
tuxedord2

Curious - how long did they say the back order wait was for London Grey?

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 8:03AM
JessHS

I'll tell you that I just got quotes from 2 fabricators for "typical" or builder's grade granite, Bianco Antico granite, and silestone quartz Alpina White and the quartz was A LOT more expensive.

For 37 sq foot of countertop:
One place:
Typical Granite: $2,390
Bianco Antico: $2,700
Silestone Alpina White: $3,775

Another place:
Builder's Grade Granite: $1,502
Silestone Alpina White: $3,238

One of the fabricators told me the reason my Silestone choice was so high was because the color I picked was only available in a Jumbo Slab, which was more quartz than I needed, but he had to buy the whole thing. Quartz is available in regular and jumbo slabs and some colors may only be offered in one size, not both.

So, I think I will be going to look at granite slabs the next free day I have.

Good luck with finding your choices!

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 8:31AM
murrywoods

Slabs come from Charlotte. I just call them direct. They have 20 slabs coming any day which are all taken. Next shipment won't arrive until end of December.

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 1:24PM
More Discussions
Seeking info on ikea kitchen cabinet discount
Ikea has their 15%/20% off kitchen cabinet sales going...
neonweb2
Stacked uppers?
Is it worth doing stacked uppers? I love the look but...
tigger9759
36" cabinet for 32" fridge: future proofing or too much compromise?
Hi everyone! Making final decisions for our cabinet...
kiwigem
General Contractor bid excessive?
I'm doing a forced remodel due to a flood and handling...
beachem
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™