Anyone heard of Holiday Kitchen cabinets ?

flanagsOctober 6, 2013

Our builder has referred us to a Kitchen Designer that he likes to use. upon calling to make an appointment I asked which cabinet brands does he prefer to use and he stated that he installs mostly Holiday cabinets by Holiday kitchens. I couldn't find much information regarding reviews / quality etc. on the Internet. Anyone have any experience with Holiday cabinets ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MizLizzie

We recently remodeled using Holiday and have been pleased. They produce something I'd call just a shade under high-end custom cabinetry. They delivered on time. The cabinet quality appears excellent. Really fine finish work, I thought. They are by no means inexpensive. (We are still reeling from the shock but YMMV depending on what you've budgeted.)

Our designer and contractor use only Holiday, Custom Cupboards, or Jay Rambo, which is pricer still. Maybe that will give you a feel for where they fall in the hierarchy of cabinetry. There is more here in old threads regarding Holiday if you search diligently. I cannot recall seeing any complaints.

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 4:40PM
MizLizzie

And to prove myself a liar, I provide the thread below. I don't recognize the poster as a regular here, but others might.

Our work was done in May, and I will have to honestly say our experience w/Holiday was a polar opposite to this. That said, we had an outstanding contractor. Maybe he smoothed things.

Here is a link that might be useful: Unhappy Holiday customer

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 4:49PM
joaniepoanie

My neighbor has them and has been very happy. We almost used the same KD and were also going to get Holiday but went with a different contractor who used different lines. I think they are good cabinets.

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 10:26PM
williamsem

Well I'm not sure I would place any stock in that linked post. I tried to see on the company's website if it might be a different Holiday Cabinets they sell, maybe check out the logo. The only website I saw was one of those discount places that advertises a 10x10 kitchen for $xxx, and has set door style/color combos to pick from. No mention of other companies. Plus that user registered that day, and hasn't even responded back to the post. Not sure if the company name was accidentally typed (easy enough), or if that post is bogus.

But I'm not familiar with those cabinets. One of the places I considered carried them, but it was the one where the guy I was working with left before he even gave me a ballpark quote, so by the time I got a reply I had picked a different company.

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 2:07AM
flanags

Thank you all ! I looked at the cabinets today and they appear to be really nice - look and feel wise. Right now we are getting a quote with them- I think with almost everything it will come down to the cost. It's such a big part of our budget so we want to get it right.

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 12:54PM
MizLizzie

If it helps you any, here's a shot of ours. All cabs were from Holiday's Estate line or Traditional line. I think the perimeter was Estate. All maple. Doors and drawers are their "Lancaster" style.

The island is in an Empire finish with Onyx glaze. The perimeter is Holiday's oft-used Nantucket finish, which is a deep cream with just a hint of pink in certain lights. Ignore the lemony backsplash. A weird a camera flash problem, something to do with the under-counter LED lights.

Yes, I think that grumbly poster had a score to settle. I'm always suspicious when they never turn up again.

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 2:13PM
flanags

Your kitchen is beautiful. I'm still waiting on a quote but seeing your kitchen is making me feel quite a bit better :)

Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 10:28PM
flanags

Your kitchen is beautiful. I'm still waiting on a quote but seeing your kitchen is making me feel quite a bit better :)

Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 10:29PM
detroit_burb

I thought to use them until reading about them here on GW. Thru lots of research I decided on a different route, which I am glad for in the end.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1111334512102.html

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0222280121952.html

scroll down on the second link.

Bookmark   October 13, 2013 at 11:20PM
Beachburd

I am brand new to Garden Web but thought the time was right since we are about to embark on an extensive redo of our 1925 house. I met with a recommended KD yesterday who sells the Holiday line. She has worked with many kitchen companies through the years and has had her own design company for 6 years. She really likes the quality of the line and the various options available for the cabinet boxes. I like that they are American made (in Wisconsin).
I am amazed at how many companies there are out there. Still have more research to do.

Bookmark   October 23, 2013 at 8:23AM
deedles

They are made in Rice Lake, Wisconsin. I considered them strongly before going custom. I thought their finishes were gorgeous... the stained finishes had such depth.

Bookmark   October 23, 2013 at 4:20PM
runr13

I continue to have a very bad experience with this company more than a year after the installation of my Holiday Kitchen cabinets. Their quality control is inferior or perhaps nonexistent: The initial installation started going bad after about 2 months: cabinets started to shrink, fade and/or crack. In some cases, the replacements arrived cracked or with mismatched color or even the wrong size, and we had to start the months-long cycle all over again. The executive at their headquarters in Wisconsin, Marty Branham, repeatedly made unfulfilled promises; that was before he stopped communicating entirely. Not sure what I am supposed to do now, except just live with my mistake in choosing Holiday Kitchens. Don't buy their products unless you want a part-time job trying to make things right, lots of frustration, and disappointment in a company that will happily take a lot of your money then ignore their own failures.

Bookmark   November 5, 2013 at 11:50AM
lennybean

Not familiar

This post was edited by lennybean on Tue, May 20, 14 at 15:05

Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 11:16AM
nelpog

I might be to late for this, but I am on my second Holiday Kitchen. We remodeled our last home with Holiday and were so please with them that when we buit a new home 6 years ago we choice Holiday again. They were always so accommodating and our cabinets came in a timely manner and are beautiful. We have a maple stained perimeter and our Island is painted ivory with a light glaze. Our builder thought they were excellent quality and easy to install. The upset poster didnâÂÂt even mention Holiday in her post. Maybe she is confused. Besides, if she had a reputable cabinet dealer they should have handled everything whether they were Holiday or not. Holiday can offer you all the bells and whistles. I donâÂÂt think you will be disappointed. Let us hear from you if you go ahead with them.

Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 12:42AM
ljabrahams

Our Holiday cabinets were installed two weeks ago. The dividers in the utility drawer were installed on an angle instead of parallel to the drawer box; the front band that had to be hand-installed on one cabinet is wrinkled; there is a bubble in the surface laminate of the spice drawer pull-out, and the base of the cabinet ordered to house the double wall ovens is sagging under the weight of the ovens.

Bookmark   February 11, 2015 at 7:55AM
More Discussions
Fell in love and threw away kitchen design
Gardenweb has been my savior as I struggle through...
beachem
Kitchen layout...make better use of current space and expand storage!
I'm hoping to get a few ideas on how to improve the...
rowan1099
Nobody does drop-in sink on stone countertop? Really?
I know... undermount is more popular these days --...
mudworm
Need advice on Backsplash
I am a chef and caterer--I'm just finishing up a large...
avolab
help with kitchen layout
Thoughts on this kitchen layout? What do you think...
Leigh-Ann Draheim
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™