The Baker's Kitchen

dragonfly08October 22, 2012

Just sharing a video someone sent me of Abby Dodge's kitchen. She is primarily a baker, so her kitchen reflects this. I think there are some great ideas for organization and layout here.

But, I am just dying over her personal "nook" with what I'd call her combination butler-and-baking-pantry.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Baker's Kitchen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wi-sailorgirl

Thank you for sharing that. Really very interesting. I LOVE kitchen eye candy as much as the next person but there is something refreshing about seeing a hard-working kitchen in its "natural state." I have to say, I'm not sold on that crazy sink layout (can you imagine what folks here would say about that if someone brought that layout here for review?), but I love the island baking station with the huge drawers full of all her baking stuff.

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 3:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhome410

I thought the sinks were weird until she discussed the upsides, and then I could see a bit of advantage with that area in the middle. They are definitely a 1-cook set-up.

I loved the window views, the office/cookbook storage, and the pantry. But what I didn't like, interestingly enough in a 'baker's kitchen,' is how the baking area was so fragmented and spread out. Why have the dry ingredients and measuring cups in the big island, which is not really close to the counter where she mixes her doughs and batters? And the ovens are even farther away, and a longish trip around islands when she's otherwise busy in the kitchen. I'm glad she loves it, and it was fun to see, but not what I'd want. I assume she may have started with limitations and made the best of things.

Thanks for sharing it!

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 3:52PM
More Discussions
Where to keep my oil near cooktop
So I am in the layout phase and trying to figure out...
Dietitian
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
Crack in Quartz countertop
I purchased my Quartz countertop 7 months ago and I...
avsheth2002
Outlet covers?
As my electrician was putting in my outlets I couldn't...
KarMar00
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™