Crystal cabinetry - need help picking a door style!

nyse2502October 2, 2012

I am doing an off-white kitchen using Crystal cabinetry and am having a hard time deciding on which door style to go with. I am between the savanna, Halifax and elite door with a full overlay. If anyone has some pictures to share of their completed Crystal kitchens can you please post pictures for me?

Thank you!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EAM44

So you like cabinets with lots of embellishment. What color cabs are you considering, how big is the space, and what overall look are you hoping for?

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 2:39PM
nyse2502

I wanted to do a light cream or antique white color. My kitchen is 16x18 with a large center island which I will also be doing in the same color. I am looking for a fairly formal look using wolf appliances and a hearth over my cooktop. I also have a butlers pantry which I would like to do with the same door style in a darker wood with the same granite that I have yet to choose.

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 2:55PM
khat

I've been a Crystal dealer for over 10 years. The best door for paint will be the Halifax because it uses mortise and tenon joinery on the door. Because the other two doors are mitered, there will be more chance of movement in the seams where the frame is joined together. Unfortunately, the Halifax door, with its applied moulding detail, is also the most expensive. It does make a very attractive kitchen though if you like a lot of detail. I know you will be happy with your Crystal cabinets, they are a very good company to work with and have given my clients great service.

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 2:58PM
nyse2502

I was leaning toward the Halifax because it seemed the simplest of the 3, I want a raised panel door with a recessed drawer and I like the look of the moulding detail, go figure that it's the most expensive! Also I'm not gettin any benefit with the promos they are running because I don't want a glaze or inset. I live in the northeast and I've been told that with our climate inset doors will shift. If anyone has any pictures I would love to see them

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 5:04PM
khat

I don't think you would have a problem with the inset doors. I am in the Midwest where we have extreme humidity and temerature changes. I have not had any issues with my clients or on our showroom inset display. The current promotions end in a couple of weeks and there may be a new one on paint. I haven't heard anything yet but Crystal has been alternating the promotions. So you might wait a bit. In my territory we usually hear about the new promotion about a week before the old one ends.

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 5:41PM
More Discussions
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
So confused!!
Okay kind people I need assistance as I am overwhelmed...
Susan McGoldrick-Meerdink
Northern Jersey/Big Apple
I am going to be in this area for a couple weeks. I...
a2gemini
IKEA Spring Sale 2015 begins 2/27
I spent a (long, long) day at IKEA on Saturday ordering...
tracie.erin
KitchenAid Mixer - Sea glass or azure blue
I'm having a tough time deciding between the Sea glass...
sillyk
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™