Subway tile backsplash with uba tuba granite

cmm1October 28, 2012

I have natural cherry cabinets with tuba tuba granite. I really look of subway tiles but can't seem to find any examples.

Does anyone have this or any other ideas?

I know many consider uba tuba outdated but mine is new and I happen to think it looks nice.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
autumn.4

Hi cmm1-

I have honey oak (I know, I know it was an update not a total gut) cabinets with uba tuba and slate subway styled tiles - they are the 2x4 (slightly smaller) size. If you want a pic let me know.

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 3:32PM
cmm1

Thanks Autumn I actually saved your kitchen to my I pad after you posted a reply to a buying and selling forum on kitchen updates for resale. Your kitchen is about the same era as mine and we updated the counters but kept the cabinets since they were in good shape.

I really like your slate tiles. Any chance you remember the name?

If I can recall you were starting a new build? If so I can bet you will be a regular on the kitchen forum

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 3:54PM
autumn.4

cmm1-thanks - very similar circumstances. Our oak cabinets are good quality we couldn't see ripping them out.

It was from FloridaTile - link is below. We ended up with the African Gold but the California gold was really nice also...it was a tough choice and I think either would have worked nicely.

I am sure I will be a regular, lol. I actually am a big time lurker and have been from the time we did our little update but surely once we get closer to the build I will be more active. I do have a few layouts I have been tinkering with to post, just haven't done it it yet.

Good luck. I really like our uba tuba also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tile

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 4:14PM
autumn.4

Forgot to add - scroll down to near the bottom it's the 2x4 tumbled slate. It's called Pietra Art Slate. It comes in many sizes and is on a mesh which really made installation much simpler.

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 4:16PM
badgergal

Here is one example I found with painted cabinets but I think you could use this same tile with natural cherry cabinets.

Have you thought about using glass subway tiles in either a gold/tan or blue/ green color to pick up the colors in the Uba Tuba.
I have Verde Peacock granite with natural cherry cabinets and I used a mixed mosaic for my backsplash. While its not subway, I thought I'd show it to you just for another idea.

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 7:49PM
cmm1

Thanks badger gal. I like the tan subway tiles-trying to steer away from green-we plan on selling within a few years so tan seems more neutral.

Your mixed mosaic is beautiful too. Did you use it all over or is it an accent?

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 8:46PM
badgergal

Cmm1, my tile is just behind my cooktop/ vent hood. My kitchen is contemporary in style and I wasn't concerned about resale. Here is one picture of it. I think if you click on the picture it takes you to my photo bucket album if you want to see any more pictures.

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 10:21PM
More Discussions
Ceramic Beadboard Backpslash - Done
This past week we had our ceramic beadboard backsplash...
SusieQusie60
How best to trick this space out as a pantry?
Hi all. I currently have a roomy walk-in pantry (4'...
jenmendel23
Tile all over range and just one row up elsewhere
I have been looking for backsplash tile and found cheap...
crl_
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Help w/ Bosch convection microwave auto chef settings
I needed a new microwave. Didn't need this fancy thing,...
rebunky
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™