Sherwin Williams light, creamy yellow?

jllc7October 1, 2012

Our kitchen and dining room is now one big room. We're picking out cabinets and most likely going with a color that is in between oak and cherry. I'm not sure what the color is called; we're trying to match the original chair rails and trim. We're doing white (or off-white) subway tile for the backsplash and have not picked out granite. The room has small windows, but not a lot of sunlight, so I'm thinking a yellow would brighten it up. I don't want a bright neon yellow or uber gold.. something more balanced and grown up.

Our contractor uses SW paint, so I've been looking at swatches and really like White Raisin or Jersey Cream.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Madeline616

I have a great recommendation for you. Since Sherwin Williams can mix any paint color, and they regularly mix Benjamin Moore colors, you're not limited to SW.

Yellow can be challenging, so I did some research about what yellows are go-to shades for decorators, since they've already figured out what works. I discovered Benjamin Moore's Windham Cream (it's called cream, but it's definitely yellow). It's part of the historical collection, HC-6. It's a really gorgeous, subtle but not too subtle, light, creamy yellow. I've heard designers call it the perfect yellow, it always works.

I painted my bedroom this color, and it looked so great that my Mom is doing 3 rooms plus the exterior of her house in it.

Good luck in your search ;)

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 1:56PM
lisa_wi

Sherwin Williams Compatible Cream. Take a look at my finished kitchen photos. I used it throughout my first floor, daughters bedroom, and upstairs hall.

Here is a link that might be useful: My compatible cream

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 2:02PM
herbflavor

I used SW wool skein at [25%less intensity] in main bath-used the hardwearing formula and been very happy with it for wear and the color.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 5:04PM
partyof7

We just painted a small mud room White Raisin. I love it! This room has no windows and is the perfect shade. With direct sunlight, it would be too bright IMHO.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 5:05PM
partyof7

Trying to embed the photo! Sorry it's quite large... the next thing I learn will be resizing!

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 5:13PM
donaleen

I love love love Windham Cream. Most of my woodwork is painted that color. Lovely warm creamy color.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 5:17PM
springroz

Try Nacre.

Nancy

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 5:53PM
Claudia77

Farrow & Ball's Farrow's Cream is the perfect blend of cream and yellow. It's a warm color. I Love it. Though I have the Sherwin Williams version of Farrow's cream, wink, wink.
Claudia

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 6:46PM
may_flowers

I thought Windham Cream was perfect, but when we painted the sample, it had a little too much peach in my light. We went with BM Simply Irresistible #205. It's creamy yellow in bright light but like French vanilla ice cream in low light. It would look great with cherry cabinets.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 6:53PM
a2gemini

Be persistent when they mix colors - I had SW and BM working on colors - in the end, I said - what is wrong with simple math - this color has these 3 items and this color has these 3 colors - the color match is missing this and this - fix!!
They humored me and it was perfect!
Where is Fishies - she is the yellow person!

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 7:44PM
sprtphntc

i used SW "hinoki" #7686... it is NOT by no means peach. it shows up like that when you google it.

it is more like a creamy yellow/gold..very warm, not bright at all.. a very easy color on your eyes.

good luck!

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 3:38PM
secondhalf

Hi there- take a look at SW Architectural Colors. I'm looking for a cream leaning to yellow and found "egg white" I'm going to post two pics in two different lights. The one on the left is the egg white.

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 5:24PM
secondhalf

And here it's the one on the right.

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 5:26PM
More Discussions
scrappy25 renovation Part 4, final reveal, white inset/soapstone
Finally got some "completed" pictures, please...
scrappy25
Review our Kitchen Remodel
We are starting our first kitchen remodel and I wanted...
miraspasov
Alternate granite idea to replace Cambrian black I had been planning?
My DH is killing me. We are doing white cabinets and...
happyallison
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Terracotta versus porcelain versus ???? for floors
Would love to have input on what to use for the floor....
sayde
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™