staining kitchen cabinets

jansy1985October 6, 2013

Hi All
I am a first time condo owner and am pretty happy with the purchase, except the kitchen. I was originally thinking about replacing the white appliances with stainless steel but this trend seems to be on its way out. Now I'm thinking about keeping appliances and re-finishing cabinets.
Problem is, the kitchen cabinets do not go with white appliances. I'm thinking about cherry staining cabinets to give them red hue and match the flooring. Or maybe i should paint them to match the bathroom cabinets in the picture?
I'd appreciate any ideas and suggestions - my head is just spinning thinking about this!

Thanks,
Jan

This post was edited by jansy1985 on Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 12:53

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jansy1985

Bathroom cabinets for comparison

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 12:52PM
LoPay

Looks like there are a lot of different things going on with you floor, counter top, back splash, and walls color wise.

I would live with things for a while and maybe paint the walls.

What is is worse shape and what is worth saving? The cabinets or appliances? What do you have the money and time to change now?

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 1:10PM
jansy1985

Thanks, Lo! I'll definitely wait at least a month before making any changes. Since my moving date is Dec, I'm taking this time to research options - price, durability etc. Nothing in the kitchen has any visible damage so its a matter of aesthetics for now.
I suppose metal backsplashes are another trend, so I tried to visualize how cherry cabinets and champagne backsplash would look with this weird pinkish counter (changing this isn't really an option due to $$$). Has anyone else tried these peel-and-stick metal backsplashes?

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 3:41PM
More Discussions
Removing a load-bearing wall... $10,000!
Omigod. We just got a quote for removing the load-bearing...
ideagirl2
Seeking info on ikea kitchen cabinet discount
Ikea has their 15%/20% off kitchen cabinet sales going...
neonweb2
Anyone have solid walnut slab cabinets?
Howdy! We're trying to decide if we want to do walnut...
Fori is not pleased
Please help me find an eco-friendly black-and-white floor!?
After more years than I care to admit, we are finally...
dawdlinmama
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™