FX180 Laminate Blue Storm

donnasophiaOctober 24, 2013

Before/after videos online so I wouldn't have to post so many pictures. (First two of grandson, skip to videos 3 & 4) Https://vimeo.com/user12732009/videos
Blue storm laminate FX180; large pieces were costly but I had no expensive corner cuts (so no seams), saved $$ using plain edges, more realistic anyway. PS got moving packet from post office and used the included Lowes 10% off coupon (on countertop).
A friend removed and repurposed old countertop (no removal or dump fees).
Designed my backsplash and had it put over the old laminate back splash. Large tile over stove was $300 display, I paid $50. Plus I saved on glass tile that would have been used instead.
My kitchen isn't as dark as it appears in videos.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
teachertile

I can't view your videos, but I considered FX180 when redoing our kitchen. How much did you pay? We ended up going with granite because it wasn't that much more.

Bookmark   October 25, 2013 at 2:06PM
raehelen

Wow! What a change! Did you refinish your existing cabinets? Did you do it yourself, and how? I also am curious as to the cost of the laminate compared to granite. But, it would have to be the same 'high end' granite, couldn't compare this to a lower cost more common stone.

Last time I was at a kitchen place, had to do a double take to see if their laminate counter display was stone or not. Am quite amazed at how good looking they can be!

Bookmark   October 25, 2013 at 5:40PM
donnasophia

Yes I stained them myself. I gave more details in this post:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg101215463314.html
So far only one person has not been able to view the videos. These photos were taken before I painted the soffit and wall in a cinnamon pumpkin color.
The FX180 laminate cost around $1400 for material and installation after 10% discount on materials. I chose it because it looked so realistic and doesn't require upkeep. Because I didn't have mitered corners, I had to have straight edges, I love that look anyway.

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 6:11PM
donnasophia

I have about 25 linear feet of counter.

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 6:14PM
donnasophia

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 6:19PM
More Discussions
Would soapstone work for me?
I currently have Cambria quartz and like it, but don't...
Butternut
Crack in Quartz countertop
I purchased my Quartz countertop 7 months ago and I...
avsheth2002
Can you please take a look at my layout?
I'm currently getting quotes for cabinets and want...
Carolyn
Relative cabinetry prices: brand vs. brand
We're going to redo our kitchen but aren't quite ready...
stretchad
Can we still email.....
like you could on the old GW, if you were set up to...
bicyclegirl1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™