(semi-OT) Blender in Little Paris Kitchen

writersblockOctober 4, 2012

I really enjoyed watching The Little Paris Kitchen episodes that were linked in the Bigger Kitchens thread, but one thing I'm terribly curious about--does anyone know what that monster stick blender is that she uses, and if there's anything like that available in the US?

I have the Kitchen-Aid version, and it for sure would short out and die if I tried to blend a raw chicken breast in the food processor attachment, the way she does with hers.

Oh, and thanks very much, bmorepanic, for posting the link. For those who missed it, here it is again, although the mighty blender doesn't really show its stuff until the second or third episode.

Here is a link that might be useful: Little Paris Kitchen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
breezygirl

Hmmm. Could be a commercial product here in the states. I have a pretty big one, thanks to DH who works in the restaurant supply business. I watched two epis of that charming woman cooking in her adorable kitchen but didn't see the stick. Can you point to a specific epi?

I somehow missed this show on that other thread as I've been busy lately. Thanks for the intro. I can't wait to find the time to watch the remaining epis!

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 12:48PM
writersblock

Thanks, breezy. Here, if you start watching about one minute in:

Here is a link that might be useful: chicken soup

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 3:07PM
jkom51

Robot Coupe makes a variable speed stick blender for a mere $651.49 (but with free shipping, LOL), link below.

And Waring makes a cheapie available at Amazon for only $319.95: the Waring Immersion Blender, Heavy Duty.

Here is a link that might be useful: Robot Coupe MP 450 TURBO VV Commercial Power Mixer

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 4:01PM
jscout

I believe hers is the Elux French model, available in the US as a Frigidaire.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 4:26PM
writersblock

Thanks, jkom51 and jscout. None of those look exactly like it, but they all can evidently do at least some of what it does.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 7:30PM
dekeoboe

It is an Electrolux. From an interview with her:

I do admire your super blender, can you tell me what make it is please?

My 'super blender' is from Electrolux. I have in the past had a Braun handblender to.

Here is a link that might be useful: TOP COOKING TIPS FROM RACHEL KHOO

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 10:35PM
writersblock

Thanks, dekeoboe. I guess they have a different model for Europe, or maybe it's an older one. Very interesting article--I was wondering about how she was able to run a restaurant in her apartment.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 11:40PM
jscout

Here you go.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frigidaire Professional Immersion Hand Blender/Mixer

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 2:12AM
writersblock

Thanks, jscout. I had actually found that from your first reference. Perhaps it's a newer model--it does claim to do all the things she was doing (but not unless you chop the meat first), but it's not so chunky. Better looking anyway.

Does anyone here happen to have the frigidaire? My kitchenaid also claims to do a lot of that stuff, but it doesn't, not readily.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 10:45AM
dekeoboe

The difference is probably partly due to 120v vs 240v. The US model is 200 watts. There are several French models and they get as high as 700 watts. Yeah, I had considered installing a 220 EU style outlet in my kitchen so we could use some of the great European gadgets. Our European electric kettles boiled water much faster and I got spoiled.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 9:58PM
writersblock

Thanks, dekeoboe. I somehow missed your post before. That would explain it.

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 4:38PM
a2gemini

Wish I thought to put a 240 in the kitchen. DM brought back an early panini press from Ireland and DD added the outlet. Fond memories of DD. For now, only memories.

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 11:46AM
More Discussions
Cabinet coat for office
I am painting over dark stained builtins in our home...
erinnicole
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Faucet Choice: Blanco, Hansgrohe or KWC
Hi, We are remodeling our kitchen and will be putting...
jazzcook
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™