backsplash height

AdlineOctober 23, 2012

I have a small U-shaped kitchen in a cape cod house. I finally have decided to choose Cambria torquay for my countertop. I love everyones backspashes, but I'm afraid I'm going to feel closed-in in my TINY kitchen. My kd said I could choose a 3 or 4 inch backsplash. Which do you think would look better 3 or 4 inch? I would appreciate all opinions. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suzanne_sl

Photo? This kind of depends on available light and what sort of cabinetry you're going with. Details, please.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 12:15PM
Adline

I don't have a photo. Cabinets were custom made and in good shape so I decided to keep them. They have slab doors and are painted sw dover white. They go to the ceiling and have crown on top. Appliances are stainless and knobs are silver. The white cabinets really open the space up but it is small. I just don't know if a 3" or 4" backsplash would look better. I have learned an inch can sometimes make a big difference.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 2:34PM
breezygirl

Without seeing a picture of your kitchen, I would say 3" just because it's more delicate and doesn't look like the dated 4" counter strip.

I have a 2" bs of my marble counter on my peninsula. I can post a pic if it would help.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 3:53PM
remodelfla

I'm with breezy on this. If you are going for an updated look; I think less height would work better.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 6:59PM
Adline

Thanks Breezy your kitchen is beautiful and I value your opinion.

Remodelfla, thanks for answering. I was thinking the 3" but was starting to second guess myself.

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 9:33AM
More Discussions
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
Do you like your Viscont White granite counters?
Like so many others, I lust over Calcutta gold marble...
Nan57
New Vicostone/Pental Quartz Calacatta Borghini?
Has anyone seen the new Vicostone/Pental quartz Calacatta...
nadianyc
Ideas to make this an eat- in kitchen
The kitchen in our new old house is pretty small and...
poppy3212
Seeking info on ikea kitchen cabinet discount
Ikea has their 15%/20% off kitchen cabinet sales going...
neonweb2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™