gold, red, battleship gray, hot pink, green.... all playing nice

mamadadapaigeOctober 3, 2012

My wallpaper went up yesterday and when I came home and saw it I almost fainted - I love it so much! The red in the wall paper matches the red cabinets. The background of the wallpaper is a metallic gold and then there is green and hot pink too! We painted the ceiling metallic gold to pick up off of the background of the wallpaper.

The countertops are walnut - sort of a rich brown. So many colors but I think they are working so nicely together and I was just excited to share the picture with y'all.

I hope you like it. The kitchen is being painted now - almost done!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
youngdeb

So fantastic!!! I love it when a plan comes together.

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 11:15AM
powermuffin

I like the wallpaper. Could you take a picture back further with better lighting? I'd like to see more!
Diane

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 11:20AM
olivesmom

I love fun wallpaper! I can't wait to see the rest of your kitchen , from what I could see through the doorway it looks fab!

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 11:48AM
cawaps

Fabulous!

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 11:57AM
localeater

It is very fun, can't wait to see more. I love touches of large format wallpaper, they're like a present.

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 11:59AM
rhome410

So is this your butler's pantry? Wonderful!! Brave choices...It's great to have fun in a space like that. LOVE the red cabs. I, too, would like to see more.

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 12:01PM
breezygirl

Like it? No, sorry. Not al all. I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but it looks.....oohhh...what's the word.....

AMAZING!! I love it! I always wanted a cute little powder room to do something fun like that. Never had one or a butler's pantry.

I've been thinking of papering a wall in my entryway once we have enough money to buy new furniture for the living and family rooms that both are adjacent and open to the entry so I know what pattern would work with those two rooms. For now, I'll just enjoy your whimsical yet elegant paper.

Keep the pics coming! I can't wait to see what I know will be another inspirational kitchen.

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 12:58PM
chiefy

Ooooooohhhhhh - gorgeous!
I love how much fun you're packing into that little space. It's the perfect area to go a little crazy in (in a good way!).

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 1:10PM
cat_mom

FUN!

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 1:16PM
mamadadapaige

thanks everyone... i will post more pics as soon as all the workers stuff is out of the way. the carpenters still have to put the panels on the appliances and i have to put the glass in those butler pantry cabinets but want to wait until the dust settles. hardware still has to go on the cabinets, etc. etc. - almost done though. can't wait!

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 2:50PM
trailrunnerbiker

whoa...I was all prepared to say...huh...yuk...but WOW !! It looks amazing. Just goes to show a picture is worth...1000 words ! c

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 3:57PM
beekeeperswife

Shazam!!!!

It is awesome! Tell me about the metallic ceiling paint if you can. I'm thinking about doing my dining room ceiling in silver, but not sure what to use to really get a good look. Yours (what I can see) looks great!

Can't wait to see more!

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 6:34PM
mamadadapaige

thanks trailrunner and bee!

bee, here is the process for the metallic ceiling. i took a sample of my wallpaper to the paint store and found a regular color that was a close match to the color of background of the wallpaper (in my case it was Mortar by C2). then I chose a jar of Modern Master metallic paint that was a close match to the background of the wallpaper (in my case it was called Champagne). So the regular paint goes on first as a base and then the metallic over it - the metallic is sort of transulcent which is why it needs a base paint first.

Linking the paint company below. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Modern Master paint

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 7:40PM
More Discussions
My Kitchen Renovation Using Scherr's RTA Cabinets Begins
We start demolition on Monday. We have been actively...
homechef59
Feedback on cabinet insert prices
Our cabinet builder gave us the following prices for...
Trish Welham
Kitchen layout...make better use of current space and expand storage!
I'm hoping to get a few ideas on how to improve the...
rowan1099
Would this open shelf look OK between the wall oven and range hood?
I need a quick decision made so DH can carry on with...
laughablemoments
Faucet Finish
So, I've done many searches, and read dozens of GW...
Carrie B
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™