Inspector delays!!

bluetea57October 29, 2012

Hi all, I have greatly enjoyed reading the posts here and have learned a lot..now I just need to vent.

We have been planning our kitchen rehab for months, and have everything bought and on site. We hoped to have the major stuff done in two weeks, but having the inspectors not show up has really thrown a monkey wrench into the works!!

Plumbing inspector was suppose to come on Thurs, didn't make it..town hall closed on Friday..there goes the weekend! Now we have a hurricane..town hall closed again..so no plumbing inspector...no electrical inspection and no insulation inspection! I know they have 72 hours to get here and inspect..but if they don't get here by Thursday ..then there goes another weekend with the walls open!

Know you can't do anything about this..thanks for letting me vent!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justmakeit

Wow, that sounds really frustrating! I haven't started on our remodel yet, but I know there'll be plenty of these kinds of glitches, and I'm not looking forward to it. Stay safe, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get to you soon!

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 11:30AM
suzanne_sl

I know that's super frustrating - kind of like telling a kid Christmas has been postponed for a few days. On the other hand, I hope the various inspectors came through the storm well and safe and ready for City Hall to resume business. With any luck there won't be a ton of storm damage in your area which will add to their work loads.

Bookmark   October 30, 2012 at 2:14PM
bluetea57

Thanks for the good thoughts! One inspector arrived on Tuesday, one on Wed, and one on Thurs..We actually have walls going up! Yeah!! I like the Christmas analogy..so true, after so many months of planning, and living in a house full of new kitchen "stuff" (EVERYWHERE), each delay seems to be "forever". I hope to see cabinets go up this weekend..keep your fingers crossed for me!

Bookmark   November 2, 2012 at 6:20PM
More Discussions
Kitchen Remodeling
If you have decided to remodel your kitchen, then you...
Home Ideas
Ideas to make this an eat- in kitchen
The kitchen in our new old house is pretty small and...
poppy3212
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
Soapstone with runnels: How are they holding up?
If you have runnels in your soapstone, could you tell...
leavemeout
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™