Help with Kitchen (and 1st Floor) Layout

cucinamiaOctober 17, 2013

Hi all,
I've dithered about posting until I felt "finished" but that point isn't coming easily. I'd love some preliminary input about the draft design for our remodel, and especially the kitchen (and flow from it to the rest of the house). This is still a draft and it's a great time to make changes. I also have a graph paper sketch of just the kitchen which I will post separately.
I really value your opinions! Your collective wisdom made my last kitchen project so much better; I feel lucky to get a second chance!
Grazie/Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cucinamia

Here's just the kitchen, with no cabinets/appliances.

We have wonderful windows to work with (considering the cooktop in front of the window the the right) but four entryways.

I'm thrilled to be getting an eat-in area (it was a 3-season porch) but it doubles as a mud-room (the 6 cabinets are meant to be cubbies for each of us) and I don't know how that will work.

The peninsula is great for having a few kids in the kitchen and spare counterspace, but I worry that the traffic flow will be past the cooking area.

I've tried to figure out a second prep sink, but don't think it will work, but am planning a huge main sink, possibly with two faucets. I also prefer the peninsula to be solid (planning butcher block).

I love the idea of a cooktop separate from the wall ovens, but it's tight. And I still don't know where to stick the microwave.

I'd love a coffee station but the only spot I see is in the middle of the pantry run on the back wall. Maybe centered?

Thanks for all your input and creative ideas! Grazie!

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 8:16AM
More Discussions
Quartz or Dekton/Neolith?
I know all about the wonders of quartz countertops...
nadianyc
Help with galley kitchen layout ... please.
Hi everyone! I am hoping you can help me with my layout...
ybchat67
Proximity of Sink to pantry wall - how to avoid water damage?
I currently have just enough space for a 12 inch counter/cabinet...
sl4321
Cabs above the fridge and wall oven
We don't have a KD yet, and I'm still just figuring...
Jennifer Weinman
Help with kitchen layout - main issue is where to put the ovens
I need to finalize my kitchen design so all feedback/suggestions...
keagle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™