For those with glass doors

sidney4October 16, 2012

We're finally wrapping up our wet bar/ kitchenette project in our lower level and all we have left to do is install the cabinet lighting. Two of our cabinets have glass doors and I had planned to outfit them with lighting inside. I'm finding it a pain to clean the glass between the grills and I fear the lighting will show every finger print and spec of dust. Do you have lighting inside your glass front cabinets? If so, are they hard to keep looking clean? If I am going to change my original plan I need to make the call ASAP. Thanks for your comments in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
2LittleFishies

Well, lighting definitely shows dust as you already know. My cabs aren't in yet but I did all glass without grilles. My china closet had grilles and I hated cleaning in between them. It did have lights and when I put them on I really had to get in the corners of all the rectangles...

That being said, many people have lights, glass, and grilles- you just need to clean them more and it isn't as easy as one large piece of glass without grilles.

Also, you don't have to turn the lights on all the time (I assume) so you can just clean them well for when you're having company and plan to use the lights when you want to.

Bookmark   October 16, 2012 at 8:06AM
More Discussions
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
happyallison
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
Aditya Industries Stainless Steel Sink
Anyone ever heard of Aditya Industries as a supplier...
burbmomoftwo
48 inch WOLF DF Range, Steamer, Wall oven
Hello, I need some advice since these are a huge investment...
hkwan
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™