Great Info on Marble

aktillery9October 18, 2013

I know many of us have questions regarding marble. Will it etch and stain... is it just too much to maintain, etc. We have done tests etc. I wanted to share this post from a blog that discusses marble. I think it is super helpful to read if you are considering marble. It most definitely helped me to make a decision and feel comfortable with it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Helpful and Insighful info on marble

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
potterstreet

Great post, thanks so much! Beautiful kitchen. I've just bookmarked your blog.

Your timing in posting was perfect for me because I've just been really noticing the extent of the etching on my honed Carrara and had just decided I'm fine with it. My kitchen is a living thing, full of activity, food, wine, family, friends, neighborhood kids and animals. The etching really only jumps out when I'm really looking for it. Everyone who walks into our kitchen is taken by it. It seems to have this amazing quality that makes folks very nostalgic for their grandmother's kitchen or a countertop they saw in Europe! That's exactly what I love about it.

We are very happy with our marble. It is NOT for the faint of heart though! But if you can live and let live, it is an amazing countertop material!

Thanks so much!

Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 7:50AM
bicyclegirl1

Excellent blog! That is great personal experience with marble & great description for anyone thinking about using it. I love the patina aged marble & am thinking about putting in my own kitchen. Can't wait. Thanks for sharing the link.

Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 8:07AM
uther

Excellent post! I got the "raised eyebrow" look from the fabricator when I said I was putting carerra marble in my busy kitchen. I decided that it was my choice last year when I was eating at the bar in my favorite bistro and I looked down at the marble surface that was etched, stained, and even dinged and chipped...and I thought it was the most beautiful surface I had ever seen. I think it just gets better with age.

Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 8:13AM
khj20

Oh gosh, I just LOVE that blog and have been following it for a while. She has such lovely taste. I found her blog after I had already decided on marble (it was never really up for discussion). I also have an old old old farmhouse and to me, it just seemed like a no brainer. For The Love of a House made me completely confident in my decision.

Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 9:12AM
aktillery9

I'm so glad the post helped. It's just so insightful!!

Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 11:55AM
More Discussions
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Closet pantry or not?
I am doing a reno of our kitchen and wanted to get...
abbabug
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™