Please help choose new faucet! (x-post)

anele_gwOctober 11, 2013

Hello! This is my first time here, but I am not new to GW. I am calling on the kitchen experts for help.

Irrelevant Background
The PO put in cheap fixtures-- we found out the ones from the bathroom are from ALDI. Did you know they even sold them? I have not been there, so I did not.

More Relevant Background
I digress. So, the faucet popped up, spurting water everywhere. DH fixed it. Happened again yesterday, so DH hurriedly went to HD (ha, ha, DH/HD) and bought one in 20 minutes. (I had a screaming baby on my lap at home!)

The Problem
As you can see, this sucker is HUGE. I do not feel the scale is correct at all. The problem is, the main/big sink is on the left, far from the faucet, which must be installed over the small sink on the right (three holes there). So, we need a faucet long enough to the left sink. The previous one was teeny and a pain. We are not changing the sink at this time.

My Plea for Help
-The new one, in the pic, is about 15.5 inches tall.
-I would prefer ORB.
-Want to spend no more than $300.
-I do a LOT of dishes. The new one is very wonderfully functional, but so darn huge.

Ideas???

THANK YOU!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kateskouros

i responded on the other thread, but switch out the sink for a single bowl. it will be a lot more functional, and you'll have a wider range of faucets to choose from. GL.

Bookmark   October 11, 2013 at 12:43AM
More Discussions
Color difference Benjamin Moore Regal Select versus Regal Classic
We've been using Benjamin Moore Regal Classic semi...
donaleen
Where to keep my oil near cooktop
So I am in the layout phase and trying to figure out...
Dietitian
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
Best type of rug to protect hardwood floors in kitchen?
I found an older thread which discusses choices of...
juliedrew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™