Dretutz--OT about your mother

breezygirlSeptember 18, 2011

I remember a thread several weeks ago or more where you mentioned your mother's health declining. I've thought about you often since then and hoped I'd see some sort of small update on how she and you are doing. If you don't mind sharing, I'd love to know. If you're not comfortable saying, I understand. I looked to email you directly, but your email address isn't available on your page.

Take care,

Breezy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
breezygirl

Bumping in hopes that Dretutz stops by.

Bookmark   September 19, 2011 at 11:15PM
breezygirl

Hi dretutz. I know this thread is very old, but I've seen you posting again lately. (Welcome back, btw!). Thought I'd bump this to see how you and your mom are doing. As I wrote before, feel free to ignore me if this is none of my business. I've just thought about you and her over the months. :)

Bookmark   December 1, 2012 at 12:06AM
beekeeperswife

bumping for you breezy

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 7:43PM
a2gemini

Dretutz
Hope mom is improving.
I am sending you some of the gardenweb energy sent to me when my DH was injured and mom struggling.
I know I appreciated the support!
Take care

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 9:01PM
dretutz

Oh, thanks so much for the loving thoughts. Mom is doing MUCH better despite losing her twin to a stoke on Halloween. It has to be rugged to be one of the last survivors--there were 11 children in her family and she is the last one although early in the birth order.

Mom just takes it one day at a time and is grateful to be able to walk without assistance and have a mind sharp as a tack. It is still lonely to be in the 9th decade of life with most friends and family gone.

I took a bad fall October 27th and am still recovering. Aging is truly a humbling experiene.

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 12:12AM
More Discussions
Would soapstone work for me?
I currently have Cambria quartz and like it, but don't...
Butternut
Relative cabinetry prices: brand vs. brand
We're going to redo our kitchen but aren't quite ready...
stretchad
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
Mixing finishes
Appliances are white with brushed stainless handles...
oasisowner
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™