Shallow depth gas/DF range?

londugSeptember 16, 2011

Hi there

After a year of moving into this home and saving our hard-earned money, we are finally ready to upgrade a couple of our appliances! I had my eye on the DF Bosch, but now think it will not work - I am so disappointed.

I am looking to you for your wisdom.

We want to update our electric range for either a gas or DF SS range. The spot for the range is very tight - it's in the middle of a long narrow island. The current range has a 22" cooktop depth and requires 24 13/32" depth from the front to the back of the oven. It is flushed with the cabinets. The space between the island and the cabinets behind it is also relatively tighty, and ideally, we want to minimize any protrusion from the new range.

I have a $2500 budget and want a reliable stainless range with convection. I'd like something with a shalow depth and have already looked at Bosch, KA, Electrolux, GE, and all have at least 25 3/4" depth.

What would you recommend?

Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GreenDesigns

If you cannot have a normal depth range (which has to stick out for fire safety reasons) then you may be limited to a cooktop with a wall oven mounted below. That means redoing the countertop, and it also means blowing your budget. I would continue to save money and attempt to address the functionality and layout issues that your kitchen has before I'd waste it on a new appliance that's not going to fit and will only aggravate the basic problems that the kitchen has.

Bookmark   September 17, 2011 at 12:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Diplodicus

Have you looked at SMEG? They do ranges that are 24 inches even

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   September 17, 2011 at 11:46AM
More Discussions
Closet pantry or not?
I am doing a reno of our kitchen and wanted to get...
abbabug
White Kitchens & Two Tone Kitchens?
Even though I know I sound very indecisive (sorry),...
annaw_123
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
glazzio waterfall tile
considering glazzio waterfall tile in my kitchen for...
munnybunni
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™