Backsplash Ideas? Please?!

MeMcGSeptember 5, 2012

We have installed medium tone cherry cabinets, will install slate-look ceramic tile floors and kashmir white granite counters. Would love slate back splash but looking for feedback on that or alternatives if that is too dark or "busy". Appliances are stainless. I'd love your feedback! Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EAM44

An image would be helpful.

Kashmir white is a speckle-y stone, but it doesn't have a lot of colors in it. It is often paired with a marble bs tile, if for no other reason, most people pick this stone as an alternative to the marble they love the look of, but worry about maintaining (which is a little silly since this stone stains and etches too, but whatever...). Here's an image from photobucket that probably belongs to a GWer.

Your cabinets are made of a relatively dark wood, your floors are dark, I think it might be a bit much to go for a dark bs too, but whatever you decide, I hope you find something you love.

Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 12:41AM
MeMcG

Thank you for responding EAM44. I understand but the kashmir white was already straying from my original plan (needed to lighten up). To not have the slate is another concession. I wish I could start the process again but am committed to at least the cabinets & counters. Thanks again for responding, I wish I would get more feedback.

Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 9:55PM
jxbrown

Light to medium gray subway tiles?

Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 10:03PM
EAM44

Well then go with your heart. If you want slate, choose slate. It does come in many colors, by the way. When it comes to slate look ceramic vs. slate, the former is easier to clean and maintain.

Think mosaic instead of 4" x 4" tile. It will look more modern. Here are examples of slate mosaics you might want to consider. Again, all are slate, brown, grey, green, cream, and black.

Here is a link that might be useful: Slate Mosaics

Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 10:17PM
More Discussions
How many cabinet estimates do you get?
Uggh, I tried to search but am giving up. We are considering...
najames
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
Corian Countertop -Show your pics!
Hi, I'm considering installing a corian countertop...
MercerM
color of sink in a modern kitchen ?
I will have white cabinets and dark grey counter tops. what...
jeannette10
Do I need an architect?
I have posted before about wanting to remodel my awful...
msmagoo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™