Mombasa granite..Does anyone have this?....Tile help needed

Jakzof3September 10, 2011

Kitchen is almost complete but now to figure out what color tile would work best with Mombasa granite. If anyone has used Mombasa in their home I would greatly appreciate any input you could give me. Mombasa is beautiful and has a great deal of movement. Ours is basically the creams, greys,blacks and some browns and some golden colors....really striking. The cabinets are soft cream with a cocoa glaze..island is a warm brown glazed maple. Finding tile is gonna be a tough one. Thanks in advance...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MIssyV

I think if you are able to upload pics of your kitchen or even your granite, it would help us to visualize what would look great in your kitchen.

Bookmark   September 11, 2011 at 1:24PM
ellendi

A popular look is to go with a cream tile. Maybe do an accent tile in one of the darker colors from the granite.

Bookmark   September 11, 2011 at 4:54PM
Jakzof3

Thank you ..We are thinking about a very simple tile and something more neutral or like ellendi stated...pick one color for an accent. We have to watch not to get too busy because the granite has much movement and our floor is a travertine look. We've seen some W. Zanger granite that we really like....gotta go to the tile store and get some ideas...
Gotta post pics....

Bookmark   September 12, 2011 at 12:15AM
rrgg

Is there any chance you could post photos of the granite against your cream cabinets? I also have cream cabinets and may get mombasa. Mostly I'm wondering how much yellow shows up because I'd like to minimize that color. Thanks.

if you'd rather email I have the same ID on hotmail.com.

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 10:00PM
More Discussions
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
Do you like your Viscont White granite counters?
Like so many others, I lust over Calcutta gold marble...
Nan57
48 inch WOLF DF Range, Steamer, Wall oven
Hello, I need some advice since these are a huge investment...
hkwan
Clearance for full overlay doors
I'm finally ready to order the doors and drawer fronts...
weedyacres
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™